Open group | 1285 Members

What are you reading?

1. Posted on Nov 8, 2005, 8:00:48 PM UTC
    ID: 5133 | #1
    Lilimayhem
    Level 81 BETA
    XP

Hey guys,

I'm just curious as to what you are reading right now. And no i don't mean this text here ;) Me i'm currently reading a few things all at once. I've started to read 'Dune' couple of months ago and i fell in love with the serie, i'm now reading my third book on Dune which is 'House Harkonnen' for those who saw the movie i strongly suggest you read the books, it's awesome. Yes it's Sci-fi, but its original, i think the first book was written even before Lucas ever thought about Star Wars, Dune is the mother of all space sci-fi, it even has philosophy!

I'm also reading a fanfiction on Stargate Sg-1, i love that show, i love evenmore the fanfictions. The title is 'what will it take' its very good so far.

I have restarted to read Vampire Prince of Mallie, who we all know. And its a good piece of fanfic so far...and i'm not into Vegeta as a Vampire, that in itself says a lot. :)

The best book i've read...damn...there's so many but here good ones: The sword of truth serie of Terry Goodkind, the books of Stephen Lawhead (sorry i dont know the names in english) Daughter of the Forest, i LOVED that book so much i read it three time, the author is Juliet Mariller.   Alessandro Baricco is an incredible writer, if you read The alchemist and loed it, than you'll fall in love with Alessandro Baricco's work....

And you, what are you reading and the best book?

2. Posted on Nov 9, 2005, 12:17:46 AM UTC
    ID: 5134 | #2
    karanakaou
    Level 70
    XP

:),

I just got finished reading "In Golden Blood" by Stephen Woodworth. It's the third in a series of 'Violet' books...they're a must read for any crime related fans...They're awesome! (Violets can allow the dead to inhabit them; it's helpful for people who have been murdered. :evil: )

I'm now continuing to read "Eldest" by Christopher Paolini. It's the second in a series much like "The Lord of the Rings", except this has dragons in it...and isn't *quite* as good.

And, my all time favorite books are all by Stephen King. He's the master :worship:. I don't have a particular favorite by him, but I think I've read just about every one of his books in existence (I HATED finishing "Desperation"...I didn't want it to end!)

:lol: Thanks for the topic Lili; this was fun! :rofl: 

3. Posted on Nov 9, 2005, 12:48:05 AM UTC
    ID: 5135 | #3
    MoonDemon
    Level 41
    XP
    As of now I'm only reading fan-fics, emmet has 1 called In the End that I'm not very patiently waiting for an update. I caught up with Vampire Prince earlier today and now I'm going nuts waiting for updates there too. LOL. I love the Dune books so much I have to buy new ones soon because mine are falling apart from being read too often. I LOVE Christine Feehan, for those who don't know she writes a few different series, one is the dark series about Carpathians(vamps w/souls) they are my favs in romance books. I like Anne Rice I went through an obssession over her a few years before Interview with a Vampire became a movie I like the Mayfair Witches better than the vamp novels even though they are good 2DR. Suesus RULES! all his books entertian both monsters and make them want mommy 2 read LOL
  4. Posted on Nov 9, 2005, 2:16:01 AM UTC
    ID: 5136 | #4
    Sliverbane
    Level 40
    XP

Funny that you should ask, I just bought some hard covers over the weekend.  I'm readgin Pet Peeve, a Xanth novel by Piers Anthony. I've been reading about Xanth since I was 11 years old. ^_^

Best books?

Dennis McKiernans Mithgar series

R.A. Salvatore's  the Crimson Shadow Trilogy

Eiji Yoshikawa's series about Musashi

Too many more to list... :)

5. Posted on Nov 9, 2005, 4:01:34 PM UTC
    ID: 5154 | #5
    Brethesen
    Level 39
    XP
    Hmm, let me add up with my fav books...

The Wheel of Time - series by Robert Jordan [Fantasy]

The Dark Tower - series by Stephen King (reading Song of Susannah right now) [i have no idea]

Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield (A book about the Spartan's and the battle of Thermopylain) [history]

Ragnarök [manga]

Monte Cassino by Sven Hassel [World War 2, from the point of view of Sven]

Kalevala by Elias Lönnrot [Finnish mythology]

the LOTR series, the Hobbit, Unfinished Tales and Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien [fantasy]

Stonehenge by Bernard Cornwell [i have no idea, i would say historical...]

There's more, but i'm lazy bastard so... :D
  6. Posted on Nov 9, 2005, 6:07:57 PM UTC
    ID: 5159 | #6
    Lilimayhem
    Level 81 BETA
    XP

Ah, i love Stephen King's book too Karana Kaou, the one i really liked were: Pet cemetery and DreamCatcher. I read pet cemetery when i was really young and i remember being so scared while reading it.

There are very good i agree moondemon. What books have you read? Me i read Dune, house atreide and house harkonnen. I cant wait to read the book on the war against the machines the Buthlerian Jihad, it shows great promess, im eager to know how the numerous guild came to be (Bene Gesserit, Mentats..)

Anne Rice, yeah very good. Have you read Blackwood Farm? Im in love with the new vampire in this one!!

Im curious about the books of Piers Anthony Silverbane, what are these books about?

OOOH Brethsen, thanks  for the book about the spartan, i 'm  going to rent that book right away!!!

I forgot a few good books: Marion Zimmer Bradley. For those who like the Arthurian Saga, you'll love her books.

Jean M. Auel : I dunno the title in english but its in the Prehistoric time with the end of the neandertal and the beginning of the homosapiens. Its very good, the main caracter is a woman name Ayla it's with her that i got my love for studying medecinal herb.

7. Posted on Nov 9, 2005, 8:01:49 PM UTC
    ID: 5168 | #7
    MoonDemon
    Level 41
    XP

Dune, Dune Messiah, Children of Dune, God Emperor of Dune, Heretics of Dune and Chapterhouse Dune are my Dune books, every so often I get a bug up my butt and have to read them all in order to my husband's dismay, LOL. I ignore most everything but the essentials when I'm into a story :lol:

8. Posted on Nov 9, 2005, 10:24:04 PM UTC
    ID: 5170 | #8
    Lilimayhem
    Level 81 BETA
    XP
    lol, you make me wanna drop my history book to read dune a bit. Its so good ,so i think theres nothing wrong about reading them again and again and again. I was wondering, is there a book that goes after Dune? I hope theres one cuz i'm eager to read what happens to Paul after Dune! My hubby (if i can call him that) doesn't like to read so he's got a hard time understanding why i like it so much. He says he needs pictures :lol: (im lucky he doesn't read that tee hee)
  9. Posted on Nov 9, 2005, 10:43:24 PM UTC
    ID: 5171 | #9
    themusicdied
    Level 61
    XP
    As of right now I'm re-reading for the forth time Great Expectations. It's really good. Plus I've been writing my own manga for awhile now too. lol It still sucks but I'm getting there! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.