PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1285 Members

Post 47126 - OC Player Notes: What to Include

1. Posted on Mar 22, 2024, 5:07:22 PM UTC
    ID: 47126
    seepran

Rambling about stuff and things? Don't mind if I do!

I don't personally really deviate much from the required information. I might not have anything more, or I just don't feel like it's necessary. I basically only add height, a fullbody reference link, and a Toyhouse profile link (if the latter two exist, that is). I use player notes to showcase the character's basics - for the rest that goes deeper, if there is any of that, I use Toyhouse. It gives me more freedom to make things look nice, and shove in as much or as little as I want or have. Since I really like coding with HTML and CSS, the editor we have in PD is simply too restrictive for my needs. It doesn't let me do what I want for multiple reasons, but mostly because it culls some specific styling out of the code completely once it's saved. 😔 I also might have a lot of text, and player notes don't feel like the place for a novel's worth of biography (not that my character bios aren't long by default already but that's besides the point...). But that's just how I see it.

I have fully coded player notes only for Caspian and Kyy so far, but my goal is to have something slightly unique for all of my characters at some point. With only the basics down, I go very simple with just a tiny bit of styling and padding.

Last edited by seepran on Mar 22, 2024, 5:08:28 PM UTC. 1 total edits.