PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1285 Members

Plot thickening *adds a few spoons*

1. Posted on Dec 6, 2006, 2:19:46 AM UTC
    ID: 14848 | #1
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP
    I'm *attempting* to rewrite my epic novel Dragon Twins- the one I'm doomed to rewrite till I die.

Now, if you follow my art, you'll know who I'm talking about when I say I'm having issues with Bryan.

See, Bryan is kinda like Trunks from Dragon Ball Z- he had a traumatising childhood where a pessimistic future came true,and he went back in time to fix it- but Bryan can't go back. He's lost in time. This is beside the point though.

Introducing him into my story has thrown my story into an immediate fork,
    • In my last version, he had been scaling the universes trying to find his father, and stumbles onto Earth at the beginning of the story. Cool stuff- Bryan is all mysterious and alienated, and Alex spends most of his time WTFing. Julia meets him for the first time at his worst- tired mangled and exhausted, and Bryan is ALOT most desperate. Bad stuff- Time wise, it's screwed up. Bryan is leaping universes, so shouldn't age and that whole time thing gets screwed up when you consider that even IF he landed on Earth before then, how does he know Alex is there?
    • In the webcomic I'm doing- PseudoDragon, Bryan spends alot of time on Earth trying to find the Dragon cause he knows he's on Earth- he just doesn't know who he is. Cool stuff- Alex's father gets to screw around with Bryan's brain, and learns ALOT about Dragons and the situation they're in. The WTF moment is more controlled, and Bryan gets introduced in a Nobel fashion even before we know he's a Prince. Esentially all the good stuff about PsuedoDragon in a book. Bad stuff- The impact of who Bryan is is lost, There's not mystery, and could end up being very vanilla. :(
    So- see my dillema? Any thought's on this? As a reader- what would you rather read?
  2. Posted on Dec 6, 2006, 4:01:27 AM UTC
    ID: 14849 | #2
    Keenarnor
    Level 112
    XP
    Hmm....I like the second one better :grin: It's tough to decide though *thinks* Hmm......I like the idea of the first one better, but I like the second one too. Does that help any? ^.^;;
  3. Posted on Dec 6, 2006, 9:42:38 AM UTC
    ID: 14852 | #3
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP
    On Dec 5, 2006 8:01 pm, Keenarnor said:
    Hmm....I like the second one better :grin: It's tough to decide though *thinks* Hmm......I like the idea of the first one better, but I like the second one too. Does that help any? ^.^;;

You're having what I call a "Arkisan complex" ^^ There's part of me that sees huge merit in BOTH starts. I need to chose one to develope though cause I can't do both
  4. Posted on Dec 6, 2006, 12:58:28 PM UTC
    ID: 14854 | #4
    Keenarnor
    Level 112
    XP

On Dec 6, 2006 1:42 am, arkillian said:
    [quote]On Dec 5, 2006 8:01 pm, Keenarnor said:

You're having what I call a "Arkisan complex" ^^ There's part of me that sees huge merit in BOTH starts. I need to chose one to develope though cause I can't do both[/quote]

Ok uuuuuuuummm......*5 hours later* I pick the second one. Although it may not have a lot of mystery, I like the idea better :)

5. Posted on Dec 6, 2006, 7:11:22 PM UTC
    ID: 14858 | #5
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP
    On Dec 6, 2006 4:58 am, Keenarnor said:
    [quote]

On Dec 6, 2006 1:42 am, arkillian said:
    [quote]On Dec 5, 2006 8:01 pm, Keenarnor said:

You're having what I call a "Arkisan complex" ^^ There's part of me that sees huge merit in BOTH starts. I need to chose one to develope though cause I can't do both[/quote]

Ok uuuuuuuummm......*5 hours later* I pick the second one. Although it may not have a lot of mystery, I like the idea better :)

[/quote]

That's why I wanted to give PseudoDragon a go, cause Bryan at school works really well story wise, but so does the alienated version :) Hopefully more peoples will voice thier thoughts....
  6. Posted on Dec 7, 2006, 1:34:29 AM UTC
    ID: 14871 | #9
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP
    On Dec 6, 2006 5:14 pm, MoonDemon said:
    I love both versions and am a dedicated fan LOL, but I like the first story line better, I think the whole mystery surroundy bryan rocks

It does :) Throwing people in alien universes is FUN
  7. Posted on Dec 7, 2006, 3:34:12 AM UTC
    ID: 14878 | #10
    Jilly
    Level 115
    XP
    The first one is crazy sci fi-ed out (which I love! XD )and would be full of lots of adventure/action stuffs but the leaping universes thing can mess with time differences and could cause some screwy problems in the plot and storyline. So I'm gonna have to go with the second one. It's easier to explain and though Bryan looses his mystery essence it's a small price compared to trying to explain the whole universe leaping thing O.o umm... does that make sense?

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.