PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1277 Members

Hellow!!!

1. Posted on Mar 26, 2024, 4:55:42 AM UTC
    ID: 47198 | #1
    Vibeless
    Level 7
    XP

Just joined! I'm going to be honest I'm the type to be very very afraid of new people and social media in general so I'm trying to crawl out of my shell a bit here. I couldn't bring myself to join the discord though I got too spooked oops!

But anyways hello hello hello! You can call me Vibeless and I like quite a few things, though my current special interest is drawing somewhat horror themed and evil cowboy/old west ocs (some are obviously more spooky than others). I got curious about how an art rpg would work and finally caved to the constant ads on YouTube. Happy to be here it's been pretty fun so far! I was able to add some of my favourite little ocs of mine, and I might add a lot more depending on how active I end up here! It definitely seems like an interesting way to fight artblock.

2. Posted on Mar 26, 2024, 12:31:03 PM UTC
    ID: 47207 | #3
    arobeans
    Level 51
    XP

Hi! Welcome to Paperdemon. I remember seeing some of your ocs and they seem very cool! I hope you enjoy it here. The community here is very neat and welcoming.

3. Posted on Mar 26, 2024, 12:48:19 PM UTC
    ID: 47209 | #4
    Fordandra
    Level 40 MODJR
    XP

Hello and welcome! 

Just read up on each of your characters and, my goodness, I am obsessed. 

Vibeless, your rendering style is honestly addictive, I love the vibrant colors (or lack therein for Ezra, really excellent contrast there). I'm also absolutely loving the character design choices for Chance, the complexity of the outfit and those disembodied eyes give me such immense joy. >:D

(Have you seen The Amazing Digital Circus? Suddenly very much reminded of Cain) XD

I read your bio, and I see you like cowboys... I too like cowboys, will never forget Arthur Morgan (Rdr2). I badly need to bring in a cowboy character so we could collab together 🥺🤲💕

I am good buddies with one user here, MMN, who has not one but several characters inspired by the same time period. I bet you guys would get along >:DD

Last edited by Fordandra on Mar 26, 2024, 12:55:35 PM UTC. 3 total edits.

4. Posted on Mar 26, 2024, 12:49:31 PM UTC
    ID: 47210 | #5
    Fordandra
    Level 40 MODJR
    XP

Oddbug, Cyrus is so tragic, how dare you make me cry this early in the morning— /hj

I absolutely love how intense the story is, sincerely can't wait to find out more!!

I love the painterly approach to your rendering style, have always been jealous of really solid character silhouettes- 

That talisman terrifies me, what does it mean??

Last edited by Fordandra on Mar 26, 2024, 12:55:07 PM UTC. 3 total edits.

5. Posted on Mar 26, 2024, 2:30:04 PM UTC
    ID: 47212 | #6
    Vibeless
    Level 7
    XP

On Tue, 26 Mar 2024 16:48:19 GMT, Fordandra said in post id 47209:

Hello and welcome! 

Just read up on each of your characters and, my goodness, I am obsessed. 

Vibeless, your rendering style is honestly addictive, I love the vibrant colors (or lack therein for Ezra, really excellent contrast there). I'm also absolutely loving the character design choices for Chance, the complexity of the outfit and those disembodied eyes give me such immense joy. >:D

(Have you seen The Amazing Digital Circus? Suddenly very much reminded of Cain) XD

I read your bio, and I see you like cowboys... I too like cowboys, will never forget Arthur Morgan (Rdr2). I badly need to bring in a cowboy character so we could collab together 🥺🤲💕

I am good buddies with one user here, MMN, who has not one but several characters inspired by the same time period. I bet you guys would get along >:DD

THANK YOU!! Cowboys are my current obsession!!! All these compliments about my character design fron not just you but everyone here is about to make me explode with joy!! I'd LOVE to collab with any cowboy ocs thrown my way so very much. Or any other ocs for that matter honestly the contrast would be really funny. Also I love JB Reed so much actually I squeeze him in my fist affectionately. I love morally grey characters so much (and just evil characters in general my ocs are often a bit closer to evil rather than good or neutral oopsy)

I remember seeing your boss attack art when I arrived here and being completely obsessed. Your art is GORGEOUS! I'd say a lot more but I just got up and need to go to work but just know I LOVE your line weight and texture in your lineart and your cell shading is gorgeous and crisp. Also I love Valentine he's totally my type of character to obsess over. Chance and him would be similar if Chance wasn't evil. And insane. And a bit stupid actually. (Can you tell he's my current blorbo I feel insane about him)

Also yeah Cain may or may not have been indirectly how I got the idea for two floating eyeballs instead of more mysterious floating eyes when I recently redesigned him. It felt appropriately goofy, and also a great way to hide intentions when he doesn't have ways to emote other than his mouth lmaooooooo. Nothing's original in art and all snrk.

6. Posted on Mar 26, 2024, 3:44:55 PM UTC
    ID: 47216 | #8
    MMNTheMighty
    Level 28
    XP

Hello there. Welcome to PD :>
    I'm glad Ford's told me about you, and that she's introduced you to JB. Your art's very good, I like the coloring and the scaling. Specifically the contrast between Chance's deathly glowing ghost body, and the pallid, gloomy tower that is Ezra. I like designs of Gunslingers and Western characters in general, especially those that feel authentic to the era, and your OCs are up there with that.  

I've got a ghost OC of my own that fits the "Old West" era, but he's not registered on PD for reasons I'd have to explain as time progresses. Though, he's a very important part of the lore in my other characters' stories, so maybe you'll see him pop up in the occasional submission. ;)

Maybe morally grey characters can get along, when they find the right common ground to step on. Greed and sinister smiles is something our characters have in common, so that's a great sign. I'd like to collab withh you sometime in the future, it seems fun with another fan of the Western genre!

7. Posted on Mar 26, 2024, 6:12:17 PM UTC
    ID: 47219 | #9
    Vibeless
    Level 7
    XP

On Tue, 26 Mar 2024 19:44:55 GMT, MMNTheMighty said in post id 47216:

Hello there. Welcome to PD :>
    I'm glad Ford's told me about you, and that she's introduced you to JB. Your art's very good, I like the coloring and the scaling. Specifically the contrast between Chance's deathly glowing ghost body, and the pallid, gloomy tower that is Ezra. I like designs of Gunslingers and Western characters in general, especially those that feel authentic to the era, and your OCs are up there with that.  

I've got a ghost OC of my own that fits the "Old West" era, but he's not registered on PD for reasons I'd have to explain as time progresses. Though, he's a very important part of the lore in my other characters' stories, so maybe you'll see him pop up in the occasional submission. ;)

Maybe morally grey characters can get along, when they find the right common ground to step on. Greed and sinister smiles is something our characters have in common, so that's a great sign. I'd like to collab withh you sometime in the future, it seems fun with another fan of the Western genre!

YIPPEE!! I'M SO GLAD YOU LIKE MY GUYS! Your characters are all so cool I look at all of then with deep affection. I LOVE the mix of old west vibes and more modern technology your ocs have its such a fun concept! Especially the concept behind Hattie and Hal being essentially the same character but from different timelines from time traveling shenanigans. 

I can understand lore complications for characters not being put here. I was hesitant on adding Ezra here but I was able to slightly modify his character lore specifically for this arpg since in his og lore he's actually a living portal to eldritch cowboy hell lmao.

I'm truly looking forward to potential collaborations if you're willing!! Chance is ALWAYS willing to help as long as one can pay the price... and willing to put up with his stupid shenanigans. I'm planning to add even more characters here too hopefully!! I'm looking forward to seeing you around and collabing ^v^/

8. Posted on Mar 26, 2024, 9:34:32 PM UTC
    ID: 47223 | #10
    oddbug
    Level 4
    XP

On Tue, 26 Mar 2024 15:49:31 GMT, Fordandra said in post id 47210:

Oddbug, Cyrus is so tragic, how dare you make me cry this early in the morning— /hj

I absolutely love how intense the story is, sincerely can't wait to find out more!!

I love the painterly approach to your rendering style, have always been jealous of really solid character silhouettes- 

That talisman terrifies me, what does it mean??

Who doesn't love a tragic backstory? You gotta make them suffer a bit 

Thanks! 

And well the talisman is a secret (it just means I'm not sure yet haha, I'm making up everything about this character as I go)

Quick Reply

Please login to post to the forums...

Login