PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1285 Members

Big Thumbnails!

1. Posted on Aug 7, 2005, 3:20:08 AM UTC
    ID: 3713 | #2
    fablespinner
    Level 36 BETA
    XP
    I don't know how the randomizer is coded.... but I just tested it with about 50 pages... I got the same four artists everytime and almost the same images from their galleries.

Monk-Monk/Dragon (12) (One single image appeared 7 times)
    animegurl9405 (10) (Hers were all the same image)
    themusicdied (37) (We got a good mix of hers)
    Sinah (11) (I think we saw everything in her gallery twice.)

I saw ONE from Dennis
    and One from Minimaid

and that's it. Have no clue what the randomizer looks at, but it got like stuck in a loop and began repeating itself.

I LOVE random boxes... so I was testing it to see if I could find some gems (and I DID, just from only those people mentioned above.)

Just thought I'd mention it, no clue how it actually WORKS

^_^
  2. Posted on Aug 7, 2005, 4:14:12 AM UTC
    ID: 3714 | #3
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    Wow I've got someone to debug things for me! Actually, the randomizer is based on the featured art. There are a lot of artists who haven't selected any featured art yet. I'll take a second look at the programing for it to make sure it's correct. By the way, if it is set up right, it is truley random which means there is a chance you'll see the same image twice before seeing all of the images. There are a total of 177 featured art pieces in Paper Demon and 22 in Red Curtain.

I forgot to mention. The randomizer doesn't keep track of what you've already seen that and the fact that our gallery isn't as big might be why you saw duplicates.

Last edited by BogusRed on Aug 7, 2005, 4:23:12 AM UTC. 1 total edits.

3. Posted on Aug 7, 2005, 5:43:24 AM UTC
    ID: 3715 | #4
    fablespinner
    Level 36 BETA
    XP
    AH! That makes sense. Not a big "pool" to choose from (And I knew it didn't keep track sort of thng) it just literally seemed stuck in almost a patterned loop almost.

*shrugs* computers, gotta love 'em!

^_^
  4. Posted on Aug 8, 2005, 1:58:44 AM UTC
    ID: 3729 | #5
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    that is really odd. Another reason for seeing duplicates may be because of cache issues. But I doubt it since you aren't seeing duplicates on the y!gallery. Then again it could be a cache issue with the server. Most likely though, it's just that the site hasn't grown enough. Do you think that maybe I should just make it pull from ALL the art instead of the featured art? I should probably do that for the Red Curtain for now. 22 is a pretty small number.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.