PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1286 Members

Halo 3 beta.....*drools*

1. Posted on May 11, 2007, 1:36:36 PM UTC
    ID: 16994 | #1
    JIAM
    Level 3
    XP
    Normally I dont play Halo 2. Because I suck at playing it. I'm pretty much a gears head through and through. But I'm giving it up for 3 weeks and for a good reason too. The halo 3 beta is now my new top priority. I am so ready for it.  Who is with me?!

Last edited by JIAM on May 11, 2007, 1:37:43 PM UTC. 1 total edits.

2. Posted on May 11, 2007, 10:32:53 PM UTC
    ID: 17000 | #2
    Greed
    Level 29 BANNED
    XP
    I quit caring... Halo is repetitive and overhyped. I'm thinking about hauking my xbox 360 so I can purchase an '61 Epiphone SG....
  3. Posted on May 18, 2007, 4:39:02 PM UTC
    ID: 17064 | #5
    JIAM
    Level 3
    XP

It is really overhyped. But that doesnt bother me because although there is alot of hype about it. It lives up to the hype. I have played the beta and it by itself is the most well done and polished game I have played on the 360 to date. And thats just the beta not even the full game. So I think that shows that it deserves alot of the publicity its getting because it has proved that it can live up to the hype. As for it being repetitive I think it really depends on that gamers point of view.

4. Posted on May 19, 2007, 4:12:10 PM UTC
    ID: 17068 | #6
    Greed
    Level 29 BANNED
    XP
    On May 18, 2007 9:39 am, JIAM said:
    [quote]

It is really overhyped. But that doesnt bother me because although there is alot of hype about it. It lives up to the hype. I have played the beta and it by itself is the most well done and polished game I have played on the 360 to date. And thats just the beta not even the full game. So I think that shows that it deserves alot of the publicity its getting because it has proved that it can live up to the hype. As for it being repetitive I think it really depends on that gamers point of view.

[/quote]

I dunno.... I played the beta, too. It seemed like a high def version of halo 2.... I wasn't really blown away by the Beta...

Last edited by Greed on May 20, 2007, 9:41:58 PM UTC. 1 total edits.

5. Posted on May 20, 2007, 12:07:25 AM UTC
    ID: 17079 | #7
    leetpawnmaster
    Level 7
    XP

I think that people are hyping the game too much.  I'm not saying that it won't be a great game, but you can only improve on something by so much.  Halo 3 will be a very good game, but it won't be as ground breaking as the original Halo.

6. Posted on May 20, 2007, 9:45:04 PM UTC
    ID: 17094 | #8
    Greed
    Level 29 BANNED
    XP
    On May 19, 2007 5:07 pm, Cheap-O Guy said:
    [quote]

I think that people are hyping the game too much.  I'm not saying that it won't be a great game, but you can only improve on something by so much.  Halo 3 will be a very good game, but it won't be as ground breaking as the original Halo.

[/quote]

yeah, i concur... Halo 2 had a good story line, very decent graphics, and a good arsenal of weapons. thats it. The enemies were the same over and over. brutes, you just shot at til they died, grunts just ran around in circles, drones just flew everyewhere. the only challenge was the elites on legendary. hunters were pushovers and they're supposed to be the calvalry... tthe game needs some serious improvement in order to impress me.

7. Posted on May 21, 2007, 1:12:36 PM UTC
    ID: 17110 | #9
    JIAM
    Level 3
    XP
    I'm not expecting it to be a revolutionary game or anything. It just bugs how people complain about the hype. When it clearly can live up to it. All I was saying is that I am excited about it because its going to be an awesome game. And I think your crazy if say it has the same graphics as halo 2.
  8. Posted on May 21, 2007, 1:19:58 PM UTC
    ID: 17111 | #10
    Greed
    Level 29 BANNED
    XP

On May 21, 2007 6:12 am, JIAM said:

I'm not expecting it to be a revolutionary game or anything. It just bugs how people complain about the hype. When it clearly can live up to it. All I was saying is that I am excited about it because its going to be an awesome game. And I think your crazy if say it has the same graphics as halo 2.

I don't think it'll meet the hype. peoples expectations are just way too high. yeah, it'll be a good game, but so were the first and second ones.

Call me crazy but thats what the beta looked like,  a high def version of halo 2.

The Beta just didn't make me think this game is all it's cracked up to be. I wasn't stunned by the graphics, although I admit i liked that they revamped the way the weapons looked.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.