PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1285 Members

Time for some oollld memories...

1. Posted on Oct 25, 2006, 7:22:06 PM UTC
    ID: 14074 | #1
    Cokekitty
    Level 115
    XP

I had SUCH a good day on Monday!  :grin: Wanna know why?  Well, I had a Super Nintendo when I was a munchkin, but I wanted a Sega Genesis, and my parents told me I could only have one or the other.  So, I got rid of my Nintendo to get the Sega - which, looking back on it now, I think is one of the dumbest things I've ever done.  Fortunately enough, I gave my nintendo to my aunt and cousins, who really wanted it.

About two summers ago, my aunt was rummaging through her old things and she found the nintendo, and told me that if I wanted it back, I could have it.  Naturally, I took it, but I didn't have the adapter cord or the connector cables.  Just the system, one controller, and two games.  "The rest..." she told me, "You'll have to find on your own."

And so my search began.  I found one store that sold them, but I had to buy the whole system to get the cords I needed - I didn't need the whole shebang, though, I just needed the cords!

Well, thanks to Keenarnor's help (he sent me a link one day that took me to a website that I could find adapters really cheap.  Thanks so much, hon!! :hug: ) I was able to get the adapter.  I ordered it in about July, and got it about a week after ordering. 

Unfortunately, I didn't have the connector cable.  But, a month ago, I was fortunate enough to had found my Sega, which had been missing (in my evil closet :giggle: ) for almost a year, and found out that my Sega connector cord was compatible with my Nintendo, and I got my Nintendo up and running again!!! (yeah, I know, that was long and rambly. :lol: But I'm just so happy.)

Well, I cleaned it up, and fired up my first game (Zelda: A Link to the Past) and was just about to load a new game when I saw that on file 1, the same game I had saved when I was six, was still there.  I almost cried.  It was such a (nerdy? xD) moment for me.  I loaded up my other game (Donkey Kong 2) and saw the same thing.

So, now for the actual topic - Looking back on it, I know I had more games than that, and I'd have to say the ones I wish I had most was Super Mario Bros.  However, I'm still really glad I have Zelda and Donkey Kong, because they're big favorites of mine.  They're my top three, what's yours?

2. Posted on Oct 25, 2006, 7:33:04 PM UTC
    ID: 14075 | #2
    Neko-girl
    Level 28
    XP
    ah good old memories but i can only remember names of 3 games I had on the saga and the mega drive and that was soinc eco and alex the kid but the was also another game i had about a dragon boy how has to same fries and I still remeber the music from the 1st levels. I do wish i'd make the old games on ps2 or something but in with out chaging a thing
  3. Posted on Oct 25, 2006, 8:49:12 PM UTC
    ID: 14076 | #3
    Keenarnor
    Level 112
    XP
    No prob Dollmaker! I'm always available for help :grin: anyway, my favs from way back when on the NES, were Super Mario and Duck Hunt, the only ones I had ^.^;; then I got the SNES, which i had Super Mario World, Secret of Mana, and a bunch more games on it. Too bad I don't have those anymore, I ended up giving them to my aunt since i didn't want them, and no one has any idea where they are now :cries: i wish i had them back! At least when I get the Wii i can jsut download all those old games on it :dance:
  4. Posted on Oct 25, 2006, 8:49:40 PM UTC
    ID: 14077 | #4
    Lyude
    Level 21
    XP

Old memories huh...? I have them. When I was just a lil kid like 8 or 7 years old.(halve of my age) I had this Sega saturn. With this cute game named BUG. It was so funny. every time I kille someone it says stuff like: What a slapperhead! or Killed ya! or Shis Kebab!!. And when i got hit he says stuff like: Aah! they got me!! or Pizza's and Kebabs Goodbye!!!. He is a fly who has to save his family from a spider. Also its a big movie and you have to play in it. When you lose a live you see the lil green bug in bandages and a black eye and stuff. and when its game over you get a close up on his ass and he says: nice ASS!!. It was so funny I couldn't play it cuz always m belly hurts of laughin. I mentioned it cuz I was cleaning my storage room last month and I say it theire.  It was a cool game. I hated it cuz its broken and i cant play it anymore.

5. Posted on Oct 25, 2006, 10:31:07 PM UTC
    ID: 14078 | #5
    Greed
    Level 29 BANNED
    XP
    On Oct 25, 2006 12:22 pm, Dollmaker said:
    [quote]

Well, I cleaned it up, and fired up my first game (Zelda: A Link to the Past) and was just about to load a new game when I saw that on file 1, the same game I had saved when I was six, was still there.  I almost cried.  It was such a (nerdy? xD) moment for me.  I loaded up my other game (Donkey Kong 2) and saw the same thing.

[/quote]

you had snes when you were six? How old are you? I thought you were, like, in your early twenties....

anyway. I was about 4 or 5. We had sega genesis (yeah, my bro had NES and SNES, but they broke when I was a LITTLE dude) I rember there was sonic the hedgehog, an all time favorite, mortal combat, and techmo superbowel. The greatest games, there was also this one military game... I can't quiet remeber.... I miss back in the day... If my bro had an account here, he could tell you ALL about it.

6. Posted on Oct 26, 2006, 12:28:47 AM UTC
    ID: 14086 | #6
    Cokekitty
    Level 115
    XP
    On Oct 25, 2006 3:31 pm, Greed said:
    [quote]On Oct 25, 2006 12:22 pm, Dollmaker said:
    [quote]

[/quote]

you had snes when you were six? How old are you? I thought you were, like, in your early twenties....

anyway. I was about 4 or 5. We had sega genesis (yeah, my bro had NES and SNES, but they broke when I was a LITTLE dude) I rember there was sonic the hedgehog, an all time favorite, mortal combat, and techmo superbowel. The greatest games, there was also this one military game... I can't quiet remeber.... I miss back in the day... If my bro had an account here, he could tell you ALL about it.

[/quote]

I'm fifteen, Greed. :)  I had that SNES (What's the ES bit stand for?  I can understand SN prolly stands for Super Nintendo, but the ES always confused me. :slant: ) waaaaaay back in the early nineties, when I was a wee munchkin.  Six might be overdoing it a bit, but I know it was a really REALLY long time ago, and those younger ages sound about right.  :slant:

7. Posted on Oct 26, 2006, 12:44:11 AM UTC
    ID: 14087 | #7
    Greed
    Level 29 BANNED
    XP
    On Oct 25, 2006 5:28 pm, Dollmaker said:
    [quote]On Oct 25, 2006 3:31 pm, Greed said:
    [quote]On Oct 25, 2006 12:22 pm, Dollmaker said:
    [quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm fifteen, Greed. :)  I had that SNES (What's the ES bit stand for?  I can understand SN prolly stands for Super Nintendo, but the ES always confused me. :slant: ) waaaaaay back in the early nineties, when I was a wee munchkin.  Six might be overdoing it a bit, but I know it was a really REALLY long time ago, and those younger ages sound about right.  :slant:

[/quote]

... 15? For real? You sounded, like, way older....

Anyway, I remeber n64 and PS1. Lets not forget the good 'ol days of sega dreamcast. I loved metal gear solid on ps1, you can't beat zelda oot or mm or mario 64. Sega dreamcast had the best with sonic adventure 1 and 2 hands down. Those were FUN. I'm glad they remade for gamecube way back when.

8. Posted on Oct 26, 2006, 1:24:41 AM UTC
    ID: 14090 | #8
    Cokekitty
    Level 115
    XP

Oh, well...thank you? ^.^;;

I have a PS1!! xD  And I know someone with an N64.  Great systems, indeed.

I was never fortunate enough to spend much time on a Dreamcast.  I used to have a friend with one, but I only got to play on it once (it was some Sonic game, that was waaaaaay back when) and then he moved away.  :slant:  From what I've seen, though, they are cool.

And any system with a Mario-Party compatible game is automatically a good system in my book.  :lol: Shallow as that may sound, I LOVE Mario Party!

9. Posted on Oct 26, 2006, 2:50:29 AM UTC
    ID: 14096 | #9
    Greed
    Level 29 BANNED
    XP
    On Oct 25, 2006 6:24 pm, Dollmaker said:
    [quote]

Oh, well...thank you? ^.^;;

I have a PS1!! xD  And I know someone with an N64.  Great systems, indeed.

I was never fortunate enough to spend much time on a Dreamcast.  I used to have a friend with one, but I only got to play on it once (it was some Sonic game, that was waaaaaay back when) and then he moved away.  :slant:  From what I've seen, though, they are cool.

And any system with a Mario-Party compatible game is automatically a good system in my book.  :lol: Shallow as that may sound, I LOVE Mario Party!

[/quote]

same here. Mario Party is one of THE all time greatest games ever made. I'm glad they made it for gamecube as well. I also thouroughly enjoyed super smash bros. 64. I play that game on a daily basis. My mario party quit on me (... shit....:sadmod:). I'm actually gonna hit up the local game exchange one of these days. I have like three copies of turrok 2 I can trade in.

10. Posted on Oct 26, 2006, 5:26:08 AM UTC
    ID: 14100 | #10
    Jilly
    Level 115
    XP

Oldies but goodies I always say umm let's see I remember having a nintendo but I only remeber playing a couple games on it called paperboy and everyones favorite Tetris! XD. I remember play the sega too. My fave games were Altered Beast, Spider-man, Echo, and Mortal combat....that's four but whatever! :lol: :bounce: That was so long ago I was like four I think. O.o

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.