PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1299 Members

Art on Homepage - 1 per person

1. Posted on Apr 1, 2009, 12:12:34 AM UTC
    ID: 24144 | #1
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

Hello PD members. The current PD homepage has a limit on it to only show one piece of artwork per person. We originally put this in place to keep new members and others from taking over the whole home page with their artwork.

But it has had an interesting side effect. A lot of members aren't clicking onward to the newest art page to see ALL new artwork. As a result, if a member submits three artworks in a row, they'll only get comments on the latest one since its the only one viewed on the home page.

Should we continue the policy of only one artwork per person on the home page and just make a button to "see more art" more visible? Or should we change it to show all recent artwork and not cap it to one per person?

I look forward to your feedback. Thanks!

2. Posted on Apr 1, 2009, 3:15:37 AM UTC
    ID: 24147 | #2
    Minimaid
    Level 174 BETA MOD
    XP

I think I still like the 'one image on homepage per person', because then if someone posts 25 images all in one day, they don't steal the homepage space.

I think the "see newest art" buttom should definitely be more prominent, though...

3. Posted on Apr 4, 2009, 2:06:17 PM UTC
    ID: 24160 | #3
    Sliverbane
    Level 40
    XP

Sorry for the late reply...

Hmm, if I had muliple sumissions I'd simply stagger my submission over a a few days to get the home page slot each time.  It just takes a little stragedy.  No reason to change the rule.  

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.