PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1298 Members

site design, bigger thumbnails?

1. Posted on Jun 12, 2005, 8:04:01 PM UTC
    ID: 709 | #1
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    I was just looking at the y-gallery site and man that is some sweet web design. I was wondering if there were some things on that site that you think we should have here. I'm already thinking through a bunch of ideas in my head for making the site easier to navigate. Here's the y-gallery:
    http://yaoi.y-gallery.net/

I'm not going to make bogusred.net designed as extreme as the y gallery because they use layers which can slow down the browser and often don't work correctly on older browsers.

That site also has bigger thumbnails. What do you guys say to that? Most of you would probably say yes but if I do implement larger thumbnails, that would mean less images on a page. When browsing a gallery there might be only 20 images per page instead of 40. Also, the random featured art in the gallery index would have less random artwork there. Also, there might be less "featured artwork" listed on your profile page and less of your latest submissions. I might limit it to 1 to 3. Maybe do something like at http://www.luffkin.com and show latest sketchbook, latest finished work, latest work-in-progress.

It all depends on what you guys say. What do you think?
  2. Posted on Jun 13, 2005, 4:38:58 AM UTC
    ID: 713 | #3
    karanakaou
    Level 70
    XP
    Ooo, I like both ideas :). I was on the ney side of the larger thumbnails before I saw them, but they do look really good. Also, I like the thought of splitting up the featured art into different groups, i.e. sketchbook, finished, and all that good stuff. :thumbsup:
  3. Posted on Jun 13, 2005, 8:18:14 AM UTC
    ID: 722 | #4
    Minimaid
    Level 174 BETA MOD
    XP
    I'm fairly indifferent as to the size of the thumbnail... But as for comparing to Y! Gallery... Well, I'm part of it, and I don't want us to go too too much in that direction. I think a nice feature for us to add would be that when you go to someone's profile page, there should be a button for "send a PM"... Just because I keep going to people's profiles to send PMs and then realise that I can't. :lol:
  4. Posted on Jun 13, 2005, 8:49:44 AM UTC
    ID: 723 | #5
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    Actually you can send a PM from a person's profile but I'll try to make those links more prominant all over the site. Any time you are viewing a persons artwork, writing, or forum post you can go directly to sending them a private message.
  5. Posted on Jun 13, 2005, 6:49:08 PM UTC
    ID: 731 | #6
    Minimaid
    Level 174 BETA MOD
    XP
    But only from one of their actual pieces of art, not from the profile page, luv. I never usually feel the need to PM someone from one of their pieces, but I do occasionally from their homepage.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.