PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1303 Members

Post 429 - Delete artwork "type" galleries?

1. Posted on May 22, 2005, 8:14:54 AM UTC
    ID: 429
    BogusRed
    ADMIN
    I'm getting sick of these galleries:
    Paper Demon Artwork "Type" galleries:
    Comps
    Figure Drawing
    Major Projects
    Perspective
    Portraits, Paintings, and Illustrations
    Tonal Studies
    Sketchbook

Red Curtain Artwork "Type" galleries:
    Figure Drawing
    Major Projects
    Tonal Studies
    Sketchbook

Either people don't use them for searching for artwork or they put their artwork in the wrong place. I'm considering just deleting them. What do you think? Of course this would eliminate the "Sketchbook" section which is popular but we could move that to someplace else such as Genre or something. People already can post by Genre and Fanart so what's the point of the sorting by type?

With the exception of the Sketchbook section, I really created this "type" categorization for my own work. Since this site is going more towards the direction of fanart and anime art, I am considering just taking this whole "Type" categorization out. No one really uses it.

What if we treated "Sketch Book" like Scraps on DA? That's what I was originally intending to do with it but I don't know. What do you guys think? If that's the case, if you upload something as a "Sketch Book" entry, it won't get placed in the fanart sections or anything because it will ONLY be in the sketch book section. Ugh, I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?