PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1285 Members

Post 19255 - Anyone Remember Legend of Dragoon?

1. Posted on Sep 5, 2007, 7:24:29 AM UTC
    ID: 19255
    FireAngelStudios

Actually it's not really suprising that PS2s have some problems with PSX games. Backwards compatibility is always an issue when developing new systems, you're trying to run a game in a totally different format (CD-ROM as compared to PS2's DVD-ROM) on very different hardware. The same thing is probably a problem with the PS3 playing PS2 games, hell, if I remember right, when the PS3 was first released you had to upgrade to a new firmware to even play PS2 games because it was glitched in some way. You're using a different kind of media on different hardware, you can't expect it to work 100% perfectly. You have to remember, these games were programmed to work on PSX hardware, and only PSX hardware. That being said, you can use things like PSX emulators that will let you play games on your computer (I use ePSXe). Because they're CD-ROM games you can actually put the game disc in the CD drive to play it. They can be buggy at times but you may have more luck that way if you find good plugins. I use it to play Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey, it freezes sometimes but all in all works pretty well. Might be something to look into.