PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1298 Members

DBZ live movie is going to be made

1. Posted on Dec 3, 2007, 10:47:18 PM UTC
    ID: 20316 | #1
    Jilly
    Level 115
    XP

Alright so there have been tons of rumors floating around "They're making a DBZ live movie!" "They're not making a DBZ live movie!" well I found out that they ARE making it. In fact they have casted Goku and Piccolo already and they plan on an opening day of August 15 or 18 in 2008. The thing that gets me is that they have casted it horribly! Justin Chatwin will be Goku and James Marsters will be Piccolo...They don't even look like them! But hopefully with enough training and make up they'll look the part...hopefully

James Wong is directing it (the guy who made the first 'Final Destination' which was the best FD movie and the only good one and 'The One'...which wasn't all that great.) Stephen Chow will be producing it (The guy who produced 'Kung Fu Hustle' and 'Shaolin Soccer') and the stunt team who correographed the Matrix and 300 are doing the stunts for this one also. So the fight scenes should look like AwesomeSauce. 

But really I have no idea of what to think of this. I used to think that making a Live action DBZ movie would be so friggin' awesome my eyes would pop out, but seeing who they have casted I'm starting to wonder if it'll even come out decently. What do you guys think?

Last edited by Jilly on Dec 3, 2007, 10:48:50 PM UTC. 1 total edits.

2. Posted on Dec 3, 2007, 11:33:12 PM UTC
    ID: 20317 | #2
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP

Is it going to be english? If it is, I can see it being no where near Akira's vision T.T I can only hope for best ^^; Spike is a good cast for looks though :) Turn him green and he is SO Piccolo ^^

3. Posted on Dec 4, 2007, 12:53:59 AM UTC
    ID: 20319 | #3
    Jilly
    Level 115
    XP

Is it going to be english? If it is, I can see it being no where near Akira's vision

I wouldn't think they'd make the actors learn japanese if that's what you mean o.O

I can sorta see how they casted Justin Chatwin...sorta... but Spike to me in no way looks like Piccolo. He's too skinny and his voice is way to high compared to Piccolo's. Christopher Judge would make a better Piccolo in my opinion. Because He's got the body type and he looks like him and also he's got that deep voice that Piccolo has.

Last edited by Jilly on Dec 4, 2007, 7:30:04 AM UTC. 5 total edits.

4. Posted on Dec 4, 2007, 6:59:04 AM UTC
    ID: 20323 | #5
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

It's most likely going to suck. But most likely I'm going to pay the 8 bucks to see this crap in the theater anyway because I am such a DBZ fan. I hope for god sakes they pick someone good for Vegeta or I might just die.

5. Posted on Dec 4, 2007, 7:32:56 AM UTC
    ID: 20324 | #6
    Jilly
    Level 115
    XP

On Dec 3, 2007 10:59 pm, BogusRed said:
    [quote]

It's most likely going to suck. But most likely I'm going to pay the 8 bucks to see this crap in the theater anyway because I am such a DBZ fan. I hope for god sakes they pick someone good for Vegeta or I might just die.

[/quote]

I know I really hope they don't screw it up...gosh I really, really hope they don't but I'm not going to pass jugdment just yet cause Transformers was plain awesome so I'm not sure. But as for Vegeta I don't think he'll be in this one. They're starting it at the end of the Dragonball series where Piccolo was still a villain. Probably in the sequel (if they make one) Vegeta will be in it.

6. Posted on Dec 4, 2007, 8:16:37 AM UTC
    ID: 20325 | #7
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP

On Dec 3, 2007 10:59 pm, BogusRed said:
    [quote]

But most likely I'm going to pay the 8 bucks to see this crap in the theater anyway because I am such a DBZ fan.

[/quote]

Luck...KEY!! We pay $14 in NZ for movies :< Mind you, we have less seeing them....

7. Posted on Dec 4, 2007, 3:41:58 PM UTC
    ID: 20326 | #8
    Sliverbane
    Level 40
    XP

Live movie?  I am frightened.  Someone hold me...  :wacko:

I'm gonna have to agree with Susie....Vegeta will be hard to caste.

Nevermind Goku...Piccolo...ugh.  I'm getting sick already thinking how badly this movie could go!

8. Posted on Dec 5, 2007, 9:57:42 PM UTC
    ID: 20338 | #10
    Lilimayhem
    Level 81 BETA
    XP

im almost glad there will be no Vegeta. There is no way a living human can match my Veggie. Who ever they would choose I'd disagree and be disappointed

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.