Open group | 1298 Members

AvP-R

1. Posted on Nov 30, 2007, 4:30:40 PM UTC
    ID: 20287 | #2
    Sliverbane
    Level 40
    XP

Begin rant here: :evil:

I'm in denial about this one.  After they ruined the whole AvP concept with the last movie.  I watch anime and I'm okay with 'alteranate universe' type story changes - but this, that was...ugh.  They made the hunters (Yautja) look like idiots and my friends who are xenomorph fans were disappointed too.

The hunters would never keep a queen on an inhabited planet like our own.  The risk would be too high for infestation.  They know the deadly nature of the 'bug' hive.  They're not planet killers!

The hunters also wear special acid resistant armor - like head to toe plate mail - to hunt xenomorphs.  Not the light stuff featured in the movie. During a bug hunt they carry two shoulder cannons, wrist blades on each arm, and high powered blasters along with the spears and other throwing implements.  They take this prey very seriously.  They hunt in groups of no less than ten to obtain a queen. And they're usually ventrans. New hunters are initiated in to bug hunts when they come of age and are lead by a vetran.  The comic AvP featured this.

They seed unihabited planets (no setient life like humanoids,etc) with a few sterile non-breeding xenomorph drones to hunt.  The whole temple setting and the scarifice story was sooo very lame in my honest opinion.  Yautja are proud and intellecual and to be worshiped by humans would be....well silly.

The final straw was the dishonor they laid upon Broken Tusk in the recent movie:  He was infected!!  That is horrendous.  Any hunter young or old would immediatley kill himself if he even thought a face hugger had got ahold of him.  You do not go down when facing xenomorphs.  It's just a rule.  Other hunters will even dispatch a fallen or wounded comrade who may have been exposed or may later become exopsed and are incapable of killing themselves.  Once again the risk is too great!  They do not recover bodies when hunting bugs as they did in the movie.  They're not stupid.

Lastly Stan Winston the genius behind the FX in the Predator and Alien films had nothing to do with the film.  While it would be reasable to believe that  the new face of the Yautja could be written off as a different race (like humans have different facial features) it was still kinda dissapointing.

As a fan who waited over 10 years for Predator 3 -  I had hopes that Stan Winston would be on the team.  I also had hoped AvP would tell the awesome story of Machiko and Broken Tusk. (Check out Wikipedia for more info) Guess they couldn't pay Dark Horse Comics enough to tell the story.  *sigh*

End rant...  :bounce:

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.