Open group | 1285 Members

Stardust - Spoilers

1. Posted on Aug 13, 2007, 5:21:31 PM UTC
    ID: 18583 | #1
    Sliverbane
    Level 40
    XP

Spoilers!

I was very surprised by how much I enjoyed this movie.  I thougth the story was interesting. They told enough about the world of Stormhold to keep you interested but didn't bore you with endless lore.  The realm of Stormhold is an intriging world with a similar feeling to the parallel worlds of Harry Potter.  Sure it's very similar but I didn't find that it cheapen the storytelling.  I like that there was quite a bit going on at the same time.  The Fallen Star getting home,  the blossoming love between the lead actor/actress, the quest to be king, the witch's lust for eternal youth and the long lost mother cursed by a witch.  And then it all comes together in a rather interesting climax. 

I think I'll buy the DVD.  I reccomend the movie to anyone who wants to just 'lose themselves' for two hours in a quaint fantasy story with a simple romance, magic curses, a crossdressing sky pirate and some swordplay.

:heart:

2. Posted on Aug 25, 2007, 5:22:24 AM UTC
    ID: 18920 | #2
    Level 11 BANNED
    XP

I saw this movie last night, on your recommendation, in fact, and I can't believe how good it was! When I saw the ad on TV for it I thought it was just some random fantasy movie, but it was really unique and 'cute' at times.

Thanks for telling about it!

3. Posted on Apr 2, 2008, 4:52:37 AM UTC
    ID: 21217 | #4
    Level 1
    XP

I really, really enjoyed this movie, and so did my family. It surprised me a bit that tough guy Robert DeNiro choose to play the part of Capt. Shakespeare, but I like his performance.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.