PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1285 Members

Pirates of the Caribean, Dead Man's Chest

1. Posted on Aug 7, 2006, 6:32:54 AM UTC
    ID: 11431 | #11
    Brethesen
    Level 39
    XP

Mm, i'm just gonna poke my nose into this conversation and say, that i liked the first Pirate... more. But then again, i tend to like the first movie more (Scary Movie, Lethal Weapon, Matrix...), only exeption being LotR...

And about that rasism ( o.O ) in the movie, there are movies that actually tries to show ppl the 1700 era, like Bounty (don't remember if the name is correct, i'm gonna check it once i get back to home). Isn't Amsterdam (or something like that?) a movie of a slave ship, which is delivering slaves to America? Never seen that, so that's why i'm asking...

2. Posted on Aug 9, 2006, 2:20:21 PM UTC
    ID: 11512 | #13
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    Ok I finally saw the movie last night and I really liked it. I think the whole racist thing is unfounded. There isn't enough evidence there to really call anything in there racist.
    I absolutely loved the effects in the movie. All of the 3D animation in that thing really fit in well with the movie and looked so real. I was really impressed by it.
    the drawing of the key on cloth really confused me though. When I saw it I had trouble distinguishing what it was. It wasn't until I saw what the actual key looked like that I started to understand that drawing on the cloth.

Ok I have one last thing to say but don't read it unless you've seen the movie already. To read it, just select the text so you can see it:
    SPOILER ALERT:!
    I don't think Jack is really dead. We didn't actually see his body torn apart into pieces and one of his character traits that they established in the first movie is that he's well known for getting himself out of sticky situations very easily. No shit sticks to that man.

Anyway, great movie.

Last edited by BogusRed on Aug 9, 2006, 2:23:42 PM UTC. 2 total edits.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.