PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1285 Members

going to Fanime

1. Posted on Apr 16, 2011, 9:06:15 PM UTC
    ID: 25863 | #4
    qwertyjpc
    Level 1
    XP

as in having a table at fanime and selling commisions there? no. As in hanging out and buying sketchbooks from people in artists alley? yes.

2. Posted on Apr 18, 2011, 3:48:36 AM UTC
    ID: 25868 | #5
    dragonimp
    Level 10
    XP

I'm going!  This'll be my first year with a table in Artist's Alley.  Now if only I can (re)figure out my printer settings so my prints look right.

Edit: I take that back.  I just - as in the email just came in - got notified that I'm in the "lottery", so I may or may not have a table.

Last edited by dragonimp on Apr 18, 2011, 4:20:37 AM UTC. 1 total edits.

3. Posted on Apr 18, 2011, 8:20:50 AM UTC
    ID: 25870 | #6
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

Good luck with getting the table Dragonimp.

I applied to host a panel on art portfolios. I held the same panel last year and it went very well. Unfortunately, I applied too late this year and the panel slots are all full :C

I'll definitely be stopping by artists alley. Perhaps we should have a PaperDemon meet up or something? I haven't looked at the schedule yet but I should look soon and see what times I'm best available.

4. Posted on Apr 18, 2011, 9:06:11 PM UTC
    ID: 25871 | #7
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP

Wow- American con tables must fill up fast. I wish NZ cons were so organised. They just charge us heaps and deafen us by wrestling cause apparently local artists don't rate high enough. It makes me sick how badly were' treated here. We're the most unique thing at that damn con :/

5. Posted on Apr 18, 2011, 11:00:41 PM UTC
    ID: 25872 | #8
    dragonimp
    Level 10
    XP

I got in!  Just got the confirmation email.  Now back to fighting with the printer.

Fanime has actually been pretty disorganized the last few years, especially with Artists Alley and the Art Gallery.  It's been getting annoying.

6. Posted on Apr 19, 2011, 12:53:27 AM UTC
    ID: 25873 | #9
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP

Oh, wow! Good on you! 

Oh- I bet if you went to Armageddon you'd think there's heaps of organisation with your con. I didnt' know where I was sitting till the day before so couldn't advertise my location to anyone, they deafened us by wrestling, and we ALL paid $280NZD for our spot, but the spots were first in first served. If I arrived half an hour earlier, I wouldn't have been deaf, wouldn't have made a $100 loss on my stall and wouldn't have been deafened :/ That experience put me off NZ's major con. I'm now only considering Australian cons which is sad cause it costs ALOT more to go to them let alone the stall cost :(

7. Posted on Apr 20, 2011, 4:30:35 PM UTC
    ID: 25874 | #10
    qwertyjpc
    Level 1
    XP

On Apr 18, 2011 4:00 pm, dragonimp said:
    [quote]

Fanime has actually been pretty disorganized the last few years, especially with Artists Alley and the Art Gallery.  It's been getting annoying.

[/quote]

what do you expect? they work for free! all they get is to go to the con for free. i can understand why fanime's staff is getting lazier and lazier each year. just remember...they work for free. they don't profit off of fanime either i think.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.