PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1303 Members

I need ideas!

1. Posted on May 21, 2005, 5:48:48 PM UTC
    ID: 416 | #1
    MissezNoll
    Level 129
    XP
    Hello, everyone. I know, I know, what does she need help with now, huh? lol Actually, I am going to my very first Anime Convention in September and I was wondering if anyone has any pointers for me. I have no idea what to expect, but I plan on having such a good time and leaving no stone un-turned. Plus, Jonny Yong Bosh will be there! I am so excited! Anyway, I really want to dress up and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of female characters with really red hair. My hair is bright red. Inuyasha's robe red. ( It's my signature color.) I know Ayame from Inuyasha has hair similar in color to mine. So, that might be an idea. Anyone who has any tips, do's and dont's or character ideas , please submit them. I'm so open to suggestions. Thanks.
  2. Posted on May 21, 2005, 6:01:02 PM UTC
    ID: 417 | #2
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    I think Mink from Dragon Half has red hair but her outfit is really skimpy. There is also female Ranma from Ranma 1/2. That's all I can think of. I've only been to an anime con twice before. Just have fun meeting lots of really really weird people and bring a camera definately. Lot's of people dress up.
  3. Posted on May 21, 2005, 7:08:13 PM UTC
    ID: 419 | #3
    karanakaou
    Level 70
    XP
    Hmm...What about Ed from Cowboy Bebop? Although, her hair is kind of a brown red :annoyed: But, her outfit's a simple white T-shirt and spandex shorts! :wacko:
  4. Posted on May 21, 2005, 11:17:03 PM UTC
    ID: 425 | #4
    MissezNoll
    Level 129
    XP
    Thanks, everyone. I'm going to look into all of those characters and some others this weekend. I want to get a start on my costume, so I'm not stuck throwing it together at the last minute. I'm kind of leaning towards Lena (or is it Luna?) from the Slayers. But, we'll see. I plan on taking my digi-cam with me, so be ready for alot of cosplay pics BogusRed! Wow, I can hardly contain my excitement. I am such a freak!
  5. Posted on May 22, 2005, 6:45:51 AM UTC
    ID: 426 | #5
    Sliverbane
    Level 40
    XP
    There's also red-headed Shayla-Shayla from El-Hazard. She's a fire preistess. She has two different costumes...they're a little tricky but not impossible to pull off.

When at a convetion - remember to pace youself. Especially if it's a big con. No need to run yourself ragged. :wink:
  6. Posted on May 23, 2005, 12:36:43 AM UTC
    ID: 437 | #6
    MissezNoll
    Level 129
    XP
    Thanks for the tip, Silverbane. I plan on getting some pics with Mr. Jonny Bosh. I think I'm going to draw a pic of Kiba (from Wolf's Rain) and have him sign it. I will definately post it here if that happens. I've never been to an Anime Convention before, so, it ought to be interesting. I'm looking forward to meeting alot of new people. It's going to be a 3-day affair, so, I think I will have plenty of time to see everything that I want. Shay-la sounds like my type of girl. I think I will most definately look into that. Thank you so much.
  7. Posted on May 31, 2005, 6:42:04 AM UTC
    ID: 508 | #7
    Level 6 LOCKED
    XP
    i went to my first con recently, MegaCon, it was uber fun, they have alot of things to see, cosplay contests, costume contests, i think some people were even singing( oO ). Check out all the stands, they have some really good stuff, OH and try and find some ramune, its an awesome drink from japan, and try some pocky. its also really yummy. ^^
  8. Posted on May 31, 2005, 7:58:04 PM UTC
    ID: 522 | #8
    MissezNoll
    Level 129
    XP
    Sounds great, but what's pocky? Is it some sort of fish? :P I am a vegetarian and try not to eat anything with a face... or at least had a face at one time. Not that there's anything wrong with meat-eater's. You guys can have my share. It's just that I never developed a taste for red meat or poultry or fish. Weird, huh? I told you guys I'm a freak. LOL
  9. Posted on May 31, 2005, 9:04:58 PM UTC
    ID: 526 | #9
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    Pocky are these little shortbread sticks dipped in chocolate. They also have other flavors like strawberry and stuff. They are soooo good...Mmmmmm pocky

Here's some info on Pocky and Pokaholics:
    http://metropolis.japantoday.com/biginjapanarchive299/259/biginjapaninc.htm

Last edited by BogusRed on May 31, 2005, 9:05:57 PM UTC. 1 total edits.

10. Posted on May 31, 2005, 10:54:56 PM UTC
    ID: 527 | #10
    MissezNoll
    Level 129
    XP
    Mmm... sounds yummy. I think our video store here sells that stuff. They sell alot of imported treats. I think I shall go buy some. (Num, num.)

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.