PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1304 Members

Free voice

1. Posted on Feb 5, 2009, 6:21:23 AM UTC
    ID: 23530 | #3
    Animeiac
    Level 28
    XP

Every time I make an opinion on something, wheather it's entertainment, media, current events, or life itself, I get beat-up around here for it.

2. Posted on Feb 5, 2009, 6:59:20 AM UTC
    ID: 23531 | #4
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP

On Feb 4, 2009 10:21 pm, Animeiac said:
    [quote]

Every time I make an opinion on something, wheather it's entertainment, media, current events, or life itself, I get beat-up around here for it.

[/quote]

Noone is beating you up hon- if it was about the last posting, that was just people's opinions. If you're passionate about a character, it's fine. There's just alot of people that like parodies, and find the humourous side of it- that's all :) It's not a personal attack on you :hug: It's just that there's always two sides to every story. Twilight is a good example. Some people like it- others don't and it's a very clear cut like/hate thing. There's no problem with either side. Sorry you felt like it was an attack, but the others probably saw it as discussion. It's never meant to be cruel or anything.

3. Posted on Feb 5, 2009, 7:08:39 AM UTC
    ID: 23532 | #5
    Animeiac
    Level 28
    XP

But it made people hating me for hating that parody. When I made that statement I thought I was defending Inuyasha but I now realized that I'm not an anime fan If I can't find a parody of an anime series funny that I don't love the anime itself.

4. Posted on Feb 5, 2009, 9:00:12 AM UTC
    ID: 23533 | #6
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP

On Feb 4, 2009 11:08 pm, Animeiac said:
    [quote]

But it made people hating me for hating that parody. When I made that statement I thought I was defending Inuyasha but I now realized that I'm not an anime fan If I can't find a parody of an anime series funny that I don't love the anime itself.

[/quote]

They don't hate you. They were just voicing their opinions. That's not hate. They just wanted to convince you that it might've been funny :) It's ok if you don't think so though.

5. Posted on Feb 5, 2009, 5:04:25 PM UTC
    ID: 23536 | #8
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

You still have freedom of speech though. You have the right to voice your opinions but that doesn't mean that everyone has to except them or agree with them. That would be encroching on their freedoms.

And just for the record, technically freedom of speech does not apply to PaperDemon as it is private property. A lot of people have the misconception that people have the right to freedom of speech at a place like this but technically that's not the case.

I'm not trying to deter you from speaking your mind here, I'm just making sure you're aware of some facts.

6. Posted on Feb 5, 2009, 6:03:12 PM UTC
    ID: 23537 | #9
    Sliverbane
    Level 40
    XP

I look at it like this.  If you post your opinion in an open forum prepare for all points of view.  You should't take it personally if someone disagrees.  I don't take it personally that you disliked the parody...  I don't take it personally that you have strong opinions about other issues. 

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.