PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1277 Members

Hello! Kinda New!

1. Posted on Feb 4, 2024, 8:18:59 AM UTC
    ID: 46523 | #1
    Quiixell
    Level 20
    XP

Hello! I'm somewhat new to paperdemon. I joined in late July, but then took an unintentional hiatus in September after posting a few artworks. During that time, I kinda just did my own thing without really getting too involved with the community. As of a couple days ago, I came back to the site after remembering it randomly. I still consider myself a bit of a newbie, so any advice is appreciated! It's nice to meet you all as well!

Also, to anyone with Sky characters, how does your characters' element manifest? I recently created a character bestowed with this element, and I'm unsure if it's intented to be like the airbenders from AtLA, manipulating clouds/fog, or something else entirely. 

2. Posted on Feb 4, 2024, 10:18:19 AM UTC
    ID: 46524 | #2
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP

Welcome back! I can help you out if you have any questions ^^ 

I have a few Sky characters. My favourite one to use is Silvyr Rose. He's a bard, and his sky magic manifests through him singing :) If it is best described as sky, and not earth, fire, or water, you can do it. And like... if you can explain something in a way that links to sky it also works. Like... the air makes them fly, or they shoot laser beams by ionising the air. What ever you like :) I hope that helps!

3. Posted on Feb 7, 2024, 4:06:23 AM UTC
    ID: 46538 | #3
    Quiixell
    Level 20
    XP

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! ^^ 

Silvyr sounds pretty cool! Your explaination of Sky-based powers also makes a lot of sense. My main concern was mostly accidentally spilling into subelements (Celestial, Prismatic, Aurora, etc). I was thinking of perhaps giving my character sun or moon-based magics. Though I'm also playing around with the idea of allowing her to manipulate clouds and fog. I think I could make a pretty solid link to it being Sky-based magic with those options. Thanks for the clarification! 

4. Posted on Feb 7, 2024, 7:47:19 PM UTC
    ID: 46540 | #4
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP

On Tue, 06 Feb 2024 15:06:23 GMT, Quiixell said in post id 46538:

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! ^^ 

Silvyr sounds pretty cool! Your explaination of Sky-based powers also makes a lot of sense. My main concern was mostly accidentally spilling into subelements (Celestial, Prismatic, Aurora, etc). I was thinking of perhaps giving my character sun or moon-based magics. Though I'm also playing around with the idea of allowing her to manipulate clouds and fog. I think I could make a pretty solid link to it being Sky-based magic with those options. Thanks for the clarification! 

No problem! And please feel free to poke me if you have any more questions ^^ I'm more than happy to help :)

5. Posted on Mar 3, 2024, 8:49:20 AM UTC
    ID: 46725 | #5
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

Welcome to the community Quiixell! Sorry for being a little late here.

You're more than welcome to manifest your elemental powers as one of our secondary elements. We just don't want you drawing your character as one of the other core four elements. For example drawing a fire character when they are water or something like that. You have a lot of creative freedom with how you depict your elemental powers.

6. Posted on Mar 3, 2024, 9:47:38 PM UTC
    ID: 46743 | #6
    Quiixell
    Level 20
    XP

On Sun, 03 Mar 2024 13:49:20 GMT, BogusRed said in post id 46725:

Welcome to the community Quiixell! Sorry for being a little late here.

You're more than welcome to manifest your elemental powers as one of our secondary elements. We just don't want you drawing your character as one of the other core four elements. For example drawing a fire character when they are water or something like that. You have a lot of creative freedom with how you depict your elemental powers.

Thank you, and no worries!
    I'm very glad to hear this! ^^ I was a little worried I'd be breaking the rules if I did something like metal for an earth character, for example. Or moon/sun based powers for a sky character. It's nice to know stuff like this is still within the rules. Thanks for clarifying!

7. Posted on Mar 5, 2024, 6:51:17 AM UTC
    ID: 46765 | #8
    Quiixell
    Level 20
    XP

On Mon, 04 Mar 2024 09:25:31 GMT, Minimaid said in post id 46759:

Welcome to the site!! We are so excited to have you! I'm late but I'm gonna go check out your profile right now.

Thank you for the warm welcome! ^^ There's not a whole lot on my profile at the moment, but I'm hoping to make more art and writing in the near future. 

8. Posted on Mar 5, 2024, 3:14:33 PM UTC
    ID: 46766 | #9
    Minimaid
    Level 174 BETA MOD
    XP

Nonsense! For a new person, you've got a lot there already, and it's awesome to see. You're doing great! I hope you're enjoying the website and the community!

On Tue, 05 Mar 2024 13:51:17 GMT, Quiixell said in post id 46765:

Welcome to the site!! We are so excited to have you! I'm late but I'm gonna go check out your profile right now.

Thank you for the warm welcome! ^^ There's not a whole lot on my profile at the moment, but I'm hoping to make more art and writing in the near future. 

9. Posted on Mar 6, 2024, 4:29:01 AM UTC
    ID: 46803 | #10
    Quiixell
    Level 20
    XP

On Tue, 05 Mar 2024 20:14:33 GMT, Minimaid said in post id 46766:

Nonsense! For a new person, you've got a lot there already, and it's awesome to see. You're doing great! I hope you're enjoying the website and the community!

On Tue, 05 Mar 2024 13:51:17 GMT, Quiixell said in post id 46765:

Thanks again! :D I am very much enjoying things here so far! I can't wait to create more here on paperdemon in the near future! 

Quick Reply

Please login to post to the forums...

Login