PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1304 Members

SNES Games

1. Posted on Mar 16, 2007, 8:17:02 AM UTC
    ID: 16315 | #4
    BamboozledByAnime
    Level 22
    XP

Hmm, well, the ones that stuck out most for me were Super Mario RPG: Legend of The Seven Stars, Secret of Evermore, and of course, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to The Past.

Super Mario is, as the name says, an RPG, which also includes 2 characters never heard of then, or now even, Mallow and Geno. You also get to play Bowser in this game ;) Great fun for any Mario lover, as well as the only darned RPG for Mario and his pals -.- Except Luigi ,who oddly never appears in this, heh 0.o *I wish they'd re-make this on DS or something, like they did with a bunch of other SNES games..it really does deserve re-play value, even now =(*

Secret of Evermore..my memories a little foggy on this one, but I had borrowed it, and it's mainly about you, a boy who becomes lost in a new and fascinating world, with his pet dog lol. It's sort-of like an RPG, but only you and your pet..dog..I believe are the ones you use throughout the whole game lol. I feel it's RP-ISH because you're able to craft different weapons and armors from different materials and such that you find off the monsters you face, but don't control anything else like more characters s most RPGs do nowadays. Was a little hard for me to understand way back when, but it's beatable, and fun to work through, playing with all the weapons available.

And L.O.Z..well, that's just a timeless old tale of the hero saves the princess, or in this case..multiple princess, as well as the land of Hyrule from an evil sorcerer. Classic Link stuff. Bosses and dungeons, weapons, and don't forget the currency..RUPIES! Those glittering jewels of color! Hack and aslh your way through much of the game with a sword and shield and new weapons you aquire as you push further into the game, which each weapon has a purpose for helping you progress....LOVE this game.

That's all I can think of for now, I'll post some more if I think of them later. Hope that helps.

2. Posted on Mar 16, 2007, 12:03:08 PM UTC
    ID: 16316 | #5
    Piglet
    Level 12
    XP

Actually, this might interest you Bamboozled...Super Mario RPG wasn't the only RPG game to feature the little Italian plumber, Bowzer and clan. Paper Mario was a wonderful RPG released for the Nintendo 64 system starring Mario, Luigi, Bowzer, Princess Peach and others. The colors and characters were sumptuous and the gameplay highly addictive in this turn-based RPG which masqueraded somewhat as a 2D side scroller. But back to the SNES topic, titles that really appealed to me are:

Boogerman, Blackthorne, Daze Before Christmas, the Donkey Kong Country series, Earthworm Jim 1 and 2, Family Feud, Family Dog (short but sweet), Gods, Mickey Mania (also known as The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse for the Sega Genesis), The Smurfs and Wheel Of Fortune.

3. Posted on Mar 17, 2007, 12:50:21 AM UTC
    ID: 16321 | #6
    Brethesen
    Level 39
    XP

Hey! Who forgot Secret of Mana 1 & 2? Chrono Trigger? Breath of Fire 1 & 2? Darius Twin? Arkanoid - Doh It Again? And one legendary hit i haven't seen anywhere: HARVEST MOON!

Dude, get this: in Harvest Moon you're a boy, who inherit a farm. Yes, a FARM. After few tips you'll be raising your crops, trying to get a girl aand trying to get your chickens and cows healthy. Oh, i know what you're saying "a farming game? that sucks ass!". BUT after you've tried it, you'll be hooked. I know, because i used to be one of those who yelled from the sidelines and threw rotten tomatoes towards Harvest Moon. But now, i have Harvest Moon for Advance and Gamecube and i'm trying to get enough money to buy the coming DS version too ^^

Try it out! It's a great game!

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.