PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1286 Members

Old games that deserves a Legend - status

1. Posted on Feb 25, 2007, 9:38:50 PM UTC
    ID: 16029 | #1
    Brethesen
    Level 39
    XP

Ookay, so the idea is to name old games, that deserves a status being a Legendary Game! I'll give ya a few games for starters (and those numbers doesn't mean how great they are (exept the first :lol: ), but the amount of Legendary Games out there)

1) Planescape Torment

2) Bubble Bobble

3) System Shock 2

4) Doom 1 & 2

5) Raptor: Call of the Shadow

Now come on ppl! Add some more games 'ere!

2. Posted on Feb 26, 2007, 1:06:23 AM UTC
    ID: 16034 | #3
    Shalashaska
    Level 6
    XP
    Man, this brings me waaaaaay back. How about Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma, Clay Fighter, Final Fight, Metal Gear 1 & 2, and Killer Instinct.
  3. Posted on Feb 26, 2007, 2:40:12 AM UTC
    ID: 16036 | #5
    Lilimayhem
    Level 81 BETA
    XP

Well...I was about to say doom...but it's already there. Euhmmm....Pacman? ;) :grin:

King Quest...Oh my gawd...I played and played those game like crazy! Thanks for the memories Ark!

4. Posted on Feb 26, 2007, 3:10:30 AM UTC
    ID: 16037 | #6
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP
    On Feb 25, 2007 6:40 pm, Lilimayhem said:
    [quote]

Well...I was about to say doom...but it's already there. Euhmmm....Pacman? ;) :grin:

King Quest...Oh my gawd...I played and played those game like crazy! Thanks for the memories Ark!

[/quote]

They're bringing out a fan game for it

So far, it looks pretty good. IT's quite dark too. I stumbled on it surfing through for copies of KQ games. Problem is you need DOS box to play all of them now, and it's very iffy cause you need to downgrade your system to do it- it took a while to get right.

I'm a big Alexander fan though. Not cause of my Alex- he's totally different. PRince Alexander is such a sweety ^^ Travelling to the unknown to find his true love :3 The emo Mananan era was a little funky though. They're bringing some of his built up frustration from that out in TSL :)
  5. Posted on Feb 26, 2007, 4:55:58 AM UTC
    ID: 16039 | #8
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    Chrono Trigger for the SNES.

It pushed the SNES system to its limits graphics wise by introducing alpha layers making smoke, rain, and mist effects possible. Also has a killer plot, Akira Toriyama's character designs, beautiful music, and great battle system. Best game of all time. Period.
  6. Posted on Feb 26, 2007, 5:05:15 AM UTC
    ID: 16041 | #9
    Keenarnor
    Level 112
    XP

On Feb 25, 2007 8:55 pm, BogusRed said:
    [quote]Chrono Trigger for the SNES.

It pushed the SNES system to its limits graphics wise by introducing alpha layers making smoke, rain, and mist effects possible. Also has a killer plot, Akira Toriyama's character designs, beautiful music, and great battle system. Best game of all time. Period.[/quote]

Gawd am I the only one who hasn't played this game? Where can I find it? If I get a Wii it might be available for download, but can I find it as a game on the computer?

Admin edit for content

Last edited by BogusRed on Feb 26, 2007, 6:21:49 AM UTC. 2 total edits.

7. Posted on Feb 26, 2007, 6:18:59 AM UTC
    ID: 16044 | #10
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

I don't know if it will be available on the virtual console. I know it is available for the Playstation 1 but it really sucks because it's a port so its really slow.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.