Open group | 1285 Members

Greed's Reviews - Budokai Tenkaichi 2

1. Posted on Jan 7, 2007, 10:23:12 PM UTC
    ID: 15386 | #1
    Greed
    Level 29 BANNED
    XP

Review of budoaki 2 for the Playstation 2

recently, I've heard of the new budokai game available. I was kinda reluctant to pick it up thanks to budokai tenkaichi blowing goats for quarters. I must say, this game made up for everything they did wrong.

Lets start off with the graphics. Very beautiful. the outlines weren't very noticable becaus ethey made them the same color as the skin/ clothing. It took me back to the days of budokai 1. I was astonished. The coloring and lighting was excellent. The only f-up I noticed was android 18's face looking kinda 'squished'. other than that, very nice.   I give it a  5 outta 5

The gameplay. Very solid. the buttons are very well placed. I did adjust them to make them a bit more like Budokai 2. It also explained why it will never be on GCN....to many buttons that GCN doesn't have. There were more skills and This game included the almighty in game transformation. :dance: this was a big thing I was looking for. Tenkaichi did not have this, but it's sequal did.  5/5

The 120 character promise. This is were they keep screwing up. They promise over 120 characters.... I don't know about you, but  I believe ss1 goku and ss2 goku are the same character. they put 3 different vegeta's in the game. scouter vegeta, armor vegeta, and the buu saga vegeta.... c'mon... they consider that 3 different people? I don't.... there was only 60 people, more than half of wich I didn't care for.... they still didn't have king cold... I want everyone in the game. They need to actually put 120 different people in the game instead of a buncha transformations... Thats why I still Like the skill capsule system. 4/5

Z Item... It does simplify everything... but it's unecessary. The skills do change when you trasnform... so thats cool. Like, ss1 goku and ss3 goku have different techniques to spice things up a bit. there are many combinations and charge moves you can do to impcat the battle, plus destructable enviroments that can be triggered if your spirit bomb or big bang attack misses. I giv the skills 4/5.

Overall, I do believe this is the absolute best dragonball z game ever made. It can be improved, but ever so slightly. It has brickwall characters, it takes your powerlevel into effect. The one player story mode is kinda like an adventure game. It takes you through everything chronologically. This is an absoulte greatest hit and I'm telling you to pick it up. If you didn't like dragonball z before, I can garuntee you'll be a hardcore fan after playing this. this game aside from the minor flaws, gets an absolute 10 outta 10. this game cannot be rivaled. It'll probably go down in history.

Got a game you want me to review? send me a private message with the title and the console it's for and I'll see what I can do.

Last edited by Greed on Jan 8, 2007, 9:23:06 PM UTC. 2 total edits.

2. Posted on Jan 8, 2007, 1:48:12 AM UTC
    ID: 15391 | #2
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    I noticed this game is available for both the PS2 and the Wii. Which platform did you play it on? I'm considering getting it for the Wii.
  3. Posted on Jan 8, 2007, 9:21:24 PM UTC
    ID: 15408 | #3
    Greed
    Level 29 BANNED
    XP
    I reviewed it for the playstation 2... shit, let me add that to the topic. I'd suggest picking it up for the wii. I have a resource (friend) who clopped a wii. He also owns this game. It's much better for the wii. it has special features the ps2 version does not.
  4. Posted on Jan 9, 2007, 4:24:51 AM UTC
    ID: 15418 | #4
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    On Jan 8, 2007 1:21 pm, Greed said:
    I reviewed it for the playstation 2... shit, let me add that to the topic. I'd suggest picking it up for the wii. I have a resource (friend) who clopped a wii. He also owns this game. It's much better for the wii. it has special features the ps2 version does not.

Cool. I'll pick it up sometime then.
  5. Posted on Jan 9, 2007, 7:32:57 AM UTC
    ID: 15419 | #5
    Lyude
    Level 21
    XP

On Jan 7, 2007 5:48 pm, BogusRed said:

I noticed this game is available for both the PS2 and the Wii. Which platform did you play it on? I'm considering getting it for the Wii.
    About thw Wii thing: mI'm getting it on the Wii.ever since i had it theiere where e few games that would be a 100% at my desk of Wii games. on one of the three was DBZ budokai tenkaichi 2.

Qeustion for greed: What do you mean by GCN? or do you meant NGC?

6. Posted on Jan 9, 2007, 9:18:19 PM UTC
    ID: 15426 | #6
    Greed
    Level 29 BANNED
    XP
    On Jan 8, 2007 11:32 pm, Lyude said:
    [quote]

I mean GCN. Thats how it is. I don't know why, so don't ask, lol.

Last edited by Greed on Jan 10, 2007, 9:16:39 PM UTC. 2 total edits.

7. Posted on Jan 9, 2007, 11:44:34 PM UTC
    ID: 15427 | #7
    Keenarnor
    Level 112
    XP
    On Jan 8, 2007 11:32 pm, Lyude said:
    [quote]

About thw Wii thing: mI'm getting it on the Wii.ever since i had it theiere where e few games that would be a 100% at my desk of Wii games. on one of the three was DBZ budokai tenkaichi 2.

[/quote]

I think GCN means Gamecube Network

8. Posted on Jan 14, 2007, 12:24:59 AM UTC
    ID: 15513 | #8
    Lyude
    Level 21
    XP
    On Jan 9, 2007 3:44 pm, Keenarnor said:
    [quote]On Jan 8, 2007 11:32 pm, Lyude said:
    [quote]

[/quote]

I think GCN means Gamecube Network

[/quote]Really?! I though he spelled it wrong and meant Nintendo Gamecube.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.