PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1285 Members

I just noticed this ...

1. Posted on Mar 6, 2009, 8:49:38 PM UTC
    ID: 23934 | #1
    blackwinddragon
    Level 16
    XP

But we don't seem to have a tutorial section here on PD.  I think as a constructive community that it might help to be able to pool our resources and have some nice tutorials on here submited here by our members.  Thoughts?

2. Posted on Mar 7, 2009, 3:07:03 PM UTC
    ID: 23936 | #3
    blackwinddragon
    Level 16
    XP

Ok, so we do have a tutorial "section" that's good.  But it might get more usage if it was more prominent -- such as having it's own little sub-section in the writing submissions that are seen on the main gallery pages (maybe at the bottom?)   Or have a link to the tutorial section.

Last edited by blackwinddragon on Mar 7, 2009, 3:11:34 PM UTC. 1 total edits.

3. Posted on Mar 7, 2009, 5:35:16 PM UTC
    ID: 23937 | #4
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

Yes there is a link in the writing menu. I'd be all for promoting it except for the fact that new content isn't added to that section very often. It's not worth promoting something that doesn't consistently have fresh content.

But most likely once I get the new menu navigation that's in the art section set up in writing it should get more attention.

4. Posted on Mar 11, 2009, 3:03:01 AM UTC
    ID: 23982 | #6
    ladyHisoka
    Level 10
    XP

I actualy prefer tourtoals with visual aids, liek where they display in diffrent colors or varyations diffrent sketch tequnes.

i find that with art visual aids work better and I do see where the frustration with larger images comes in. what if they did it liek a minibook (as in multiple parts) or a Interactive flash, I have seen my fair share of smaller sized tourtorals and GIMP has a Flash aimator now.

5. Posted on Mar 11, 2009, 4:13:14 AM UTC
    ID: 23984 | #7
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

Im not saying you can't use images. Images are allowed in writing submissions. It's just not practical to do the entire text of a tutorial inside one giant image like people do on DA. plus it's not searchable. Only text is searchable. It's better SEO to have the tutorial content in text.

6. Posted on Mar 20, 2009, 8:10:30 PM UTC
    ID: 24059 | #8
    ladyHisoka
    Level 10
    XP

On Mar 10, 2009 9:13 pm, BogusRed said:
    [quote]

Im not saying you can't use images. Images are allowed in writing submissions. It's just not practical to do the entire text of a tutorial inside one giant image like people do on DA. plus it's not searchable. Only text is searchable. It's better SEO to have the tutorial content in text.

[/quote]

There is a reason I say DA has little artists, NOW I will not argue that most of the people on deviantArt are Talented; but Talent is NOT art you can totaly suck ayt whatever your doing and it could still be art.

as for the oversized tourtorals I also noticed that they whiel in their size covered allot never really offered any aid and were just there to mondanitly annoy and steal bandwith.

I think we can call agree that an appropreate size limitation for and Image bassed tourtorals is at max to where it fits on the page without alteration, also allot of people on da are eather too lazy or generaly dont know how to resixe their images.

DA is a hub for egoheads everyone knows this, but ego gets in the way of creativity, this is lessly known. I belive a standard is nessary for Image torals is all.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.