PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1299 Members

Theme Day

1. Posted on Jun 21, 2008, 5:48:06 AM UTC
    ID: 21883 | #1
    WildeKarde
    Level 21
    XP

Ok , Fellow PD family Drawing day was just the start. I feel we should have a theme dat at least once every two months if not once a month. I time when we all get together and draw or write to one certain theme. I'm sure it will be a success. It would give that always are asking what should a draw, something to draw.

The list of themes is endless, but here are a few off the top of my head.

- Movie Theme. Here we pic an upcoming movie and draw from that. ie: Batman, Zelda, DBZ

- Comic Book Theme

- horror

-Anime

- PD team Up- this one is one my Favorite. Two PD Artist Team up for one art project. Here is your chance to to work with your fav PD artist.

Drop in your suggestion, or just Leave a reply saying you will rally to the call. Maybe we can get the ball rolling.

2. Posted on Jun 21, 2008, 5:53:16 AM UTC
    ID: 21884 | #2
    cruffins
    Level 41
    XP

I love all of those themes. We would be better off with a group for that though, make less work for BR.  But that would be really fun, and great for art slumps. A new theme each month would be enough time to make some detailed art. Well, whatever you do I'm on board for the theme idea!

3. Posted on Jun 21, 2008, 6:36:06 PM UTC
    ID: 21886 | #3
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

I think we should do the same treatment for theme day as we did for drawing day. Have a special gallery for it and all. Maybe not advertise it quite as heavily as drawing day but i think putting info about it on the front page would be good. I think it should be a once a month type thing. Maybe the last weekend of every month? I think it should be more than just one day to give some people a chance to draw it and scan it.

I like the teaming up idea the most! Also drawing your own paper demon would be a cool one as well. Maybe a video game theme too like draw your favorite video game character. But maybe it needs an interesting twist. How about, your favorite game/anime character in a completely different genre? Like Link from the Legend of Zelda in a western? Or Goku from Dragon Ball Z in a horror? I think that would be interesting!

4. Posted on Jun 22, 2008, 1:10:29 AM UTC
    ID: 21887 | #4
    WildeKarde
    Level 21
    XP

Sounds great, I'm all for it. The team up is my favorite to. Perhaps you can leave submissions to the gallery be open the whole last week of the month. The list of possibilities is endless.

I'm sure it will be a hit. so whats the first theme? and what month do we start?

5. Posted on Jun 22, 2008, 3:45:42 AM UTC
    ID: 21890 | #5
    cruffins
    Level 41
    XP

how about a start off for the month of july? I was gonna suggest an independance day theme, but we do have members from othe places than the U.S. So I'm drawing a blank.

6. Posted on Jun 22, 2008, 4:57:49 AM UTC
    ID: 21892 | #6
    DMoontear
    Level 7
    XP

Not to metion the people that don't celebrate independace day :P.(Like me)

Hows about an ode to summer/July? Even the PD/RC writers can get in on that?

7. Posted on Jun 22, 2008, 4:58:32 PM UTC
    ID: 21896 | #8
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

Hmm... I like a generic summer theme. That would include swim suites as well as other summer things.

Lets do it for the first week in July.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.