PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1300 Members

Want your PD art displayed on your other websites?

1. Posted on Jun 13, 2008, 10:19:03 PM UTC
    ID: 21847 | #1
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

Hello all. I was wondering if there was any interest among the PD members to have a widget that displays your latest art and/or writing on your personal website. A widget that you could place on your face book page, personal site, or any site that supports either html input or OpenSocial gadgets. 

Also, does anyone have interest in PD having RSS feeds for the art galleries and such?

2. Posted on Jun 14, 2008, 2:33:18 PM UTC
    ID: 21849 | #2
    Megaptera
    Level 5
    XP

A widget is actually a neat idea. What about one that can post a thumbnail to another site? For example, if my blog doesn't have enough space for me to upload art, and I can't hotlink to PD, I could use the widget to post a thumbnail to the blog that would link to the work on PD.

3. Posted on Jun 25, 2008, 12:40:04 AM UTC
    ID: 21910 | #6
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

I know DA has RSS feeds for keywords and galleries but not for members galleries. Is that what you were talking about Redesignated? If not, please describe how I can find in DA what you are referring to.

4. Posted on Jun 26, 2008, 12:54:02 AM UTC
    ID: 21926 | #7
    Redesignated
    Level 4
    XP

I was referring to the widgets, actually. I guess I should have specified since you brought up multiple topics.

They have Flash widgets for displaying artwork, although, as I said before, it may only work on-site; Fan-Art Central may have them as well, but I've never really bothered looking around the site much.

I don't think any of them have widgets for displaying your latest artwork and that alone, though.

Mind if I post a few suggestions, or possibly-obvious notes?

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.