PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1285 Members

Greeting Cards

1. Posted on May 25, 2005, 4:03:19 AM UTC
    ID: 461 | #1
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    Black Cherry recently uploaded an artwork that started a dialogue between me and Lady Anime79 of having a greeting card feature on the site. I was wondering what all of you thought of this idea.

We could have a certain section of the site where people could select a greeting card and type a customized message. A link to the greeting card on the website would be sent to the email address that's provided. You wouldn't have to be a member or anything to use it, you just simply fill out a form something like this:

To Name: Jon
    To Email: [email protected]
    From Email: [email protected]
    Personal Message: Hi Jon, Merry Christmas! Hope you and the kids and the wife are doing well.....

You get the idea. It would be on a page of the site without the navigation on the top and bottom. The page would be pretty sparce. Just the artwork, the message, advertisements and a link to the main greeting card page. I picture the image being on one side with the image on the other instead of the message below the artwork. I've liked the idea of anime, and specifically DBZ, greeting cards but never really went anywhere with it.

Lady Anime79 was suggesting it as a new feature for the site but I don't want to do this greeting card thing if it doesn't work similar to the way I've described above. I don't want it to be a thing where a member uploads artwork like normal and then has a special greeting card form they fill out or something. People can already do the "Email this page to a friend" thing. I want the greeting cards to be completely separate from the artwork and allow random people coming to the site to select any card and then email it. Quick and simple. Of course, underneath the greeting card artwork would be a link to the artist's profile page on Paper Demon. Oh, we could have Paper Demon greeting cards and Red Curtain greeting cards! oooh the possibilities with Red Curtain greeting cards. We have to come up with a clever name for the cards though. Greeting cards is too generic. These cards are special! They are in most cases anime. "Paper Demon card" "Paper Demon Greeting"? I dunno...

Your thoughts, comments? :ponders:
  2. Posted on May 25, 2005, 4:17:30 AM UTC
    ID: 462 | #2
    karanakaou
    Level 70
    XP
    Ooooooo, I love the idea! :goku: And I like the way you've worked it out thus far; I do think having a special form to fill out or what not would be somewhat of a pain. But I'm all :thumbsup: for the idea!
  3. Posted on May 25, 2005, 8:34:21 AM UTC
    ID: 464 | #3
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    Yeah I just didn't want the greeting card thing to be a feature pasted ontop of the artwork coding. I want it to be a separate database and entity completely. If a member wants their artwork to be considered for a card, all they'd have to do is private message me or email me or something and I'll review it.
  4. Posted on May 26, 2005, 1:29:08 AM UTC
    ID: 466 | #4
    MissezNoll
    Level 129
    XP
    In all honesty, I ALWAYS do the greeting card thing to my friends and relatives and was disheartened to find that there really aren't that many anime greeting cards out there on the E-Card sites. I always look for Anime cards to send since that's my favorite past time (and my friends and family know it) but, like I said, the selection is few. Plus I think it would be a great way to "get the word out" to people about our members on this site. All of whom take their art very seriously (and believe me, it shows). It's just an idea.
  5. Posted on May 26, 2005, 3:16:45 AM UTC
    ID: 467 | #5
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    The more I think about this idea, the more I like it. All we need now is the artwork for the cards and after that I can create the greeting card program.
    If anyone would like to get started, here are some holidays or subjects to think about:
    -Get Well Soon
    -Miss you
    -Congratulations
    -Happy Birthday
    -Happy Halloween
    -Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays
    -Happy Easter

Those are probably the major ones. Any major ones I'm missing? Feel free to get started on some artwork. Please also consider what color you'd like the background of the webpage to be as well as the color of the font for the personal message. It should match the artwork. :P Do any of you know Flash? We could do Flash cards as well as still art ones with sound and music.

Oh know, I just had a brilliant idea....

:zarbon: Zarbon Masterpiece Theater Greeting Cards!!! XD Maybe we could have really personalized cards where you can pay Zarbon to say something special to someone. Say, $5 - $10 for a personallized card with Zarbon animation and speach.

Any other ideas out there?
  6. Posted on May 26, 2005, 5:34:04 PM UTC
    ID: 468 | #6
    MissezNoll
    Level 129
    XP
    I suppose a card with a naked, dancing Vegeta that flashes his best assets all around the screen, would probably be out, huh? :evil: I think that would be a great get well card.
  7. Posted on May 26, 2005, 7:34:09 PM UTC
    ID: 470 | #7
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    :thumbsup: Yes, there can be Red Curtain greeting cards! Although I'd want his um... package to be consealed in some sort of way. Maybe he's wearing a thong.
  8. Posted on May 27, 2005, 1:29:51 AM UTC
    ID: 478 | #8
    MissezNoll
    Level 129
    XP
    Or perhaps he's just wearing a leaf... :evil: I can't help it. I'm so perverse. That would be very neat. *rubs hands together greedily*

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.