PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1298 Members

Post 46719 - Suggestions for improving the forums

1. Posted on Mar 3, 2024, 1:17:03 AM UTC
    ID: 46719
    zinnia

i think i may have shared these in the discord server, but echoing here for posterity;

• on a 1920x1080 monitor, the main forums page takes a while to scroll down. while i think the large text size/padding amount is good for readability, it also makes parsing all the forums less intuitive (if that's the right word for it?). its definitely a tradeoff though!
    • maybe to be included at the top of the main forums page - newest forum activity, the user's subscriptions, maybe the possibility to subscribe categories as 'quick access'/favorites? so like, if i wanted to go straight to the 'making connections' forum category or see all the recent threads in only the making connections category, i could do that

edit after some browsing:

• perhaps there could be some revision done / clarity made on forum rules to make them easily accessible? the rules thread i found in general mentioned warning if your thread wasn't safe for those running on dial-up, so i figure some freshening up is due (though that did make me chuckle in a good way! takes me back)
    • general cleanup / archival could also maybe be helpful for old old old threads, to prevent necroposting/confused people

Last edited by zinnia on Mar 3, 2024, 1:21:55 AM UTC. 1 total edits.