Open group | 1259 Members

Post 3978 - Getting started with digital painting and digital art

1. Posted on Aug 16, 2005, 5:33:42 AM UTC
    ID: 3978
    fablespinner
    BETA
    Before you spend a LOT OF MONEY....
    I suggest testing a computer program like OpenCanvas 1.0
    (If you google that you will find FREE downloads for it, that was the OLD VERSION)
    AW HECK HERE: I ZIPPED IT FOR YOU, DOWNLOADY CLICKY CLICKY THIS WAS ALWAYS A FREE VERSION OF THIS PROGRAM, No copyright infringement no worries.

It works sort of like Painter Pro... VERY BASIC no bells and whistles but will allow you to learn the basics before you drop a load of cash on something like Photoshop.

It also has a great feature where you can network with your friends and draw together in real time. (I do this a lot with some of my friends.)

then you can export the event file and watch the whole thing like a movie.

NOTE: It loads in Japanese the first time. YOu gotta go to one of the top drop down menus and find where it says "ENGLISH"

then voila you can read it.

^_^

Hell, I STILL use OpenCanvas 1.0 to do all my digital inking in, because it's a nice smooth white board.

I use Adobe PhotoShop 7.0, OpenCanvas 1.0, Poser 4, and a Wacom Intuos II 12 x12 tablet pretty much exclusively.

I rarely if ever anymore touch paper and pen. (Unless I'm doodling on scrap paper at work as I try to explain health insurance claims to geriatric deaf people and arseholes.)

Scanners... get a flatbed PERIOD.
    ANY flatbed really... Cannon, HP, (A company you've actually heard of before.)

ALl in one centers, printers, scanners etc... suck donkey nads.

Last edited by fablespinner on Aug 16, 2005, 5:46:57 AM UTC. 2 total edits.