PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1256 Members

Post 3942 - Getting started with digital painting and digital art

1. Posted on Aug 15, 2005, 10:37:35 AM UTC
    ID: 3942
    BamboozledByAnime
    Well, the problem is, I would LOVE it, if someone would be able to tell me, what computer programs I should buy, for scanning in my artwork, and then actually working on them on the computer, instead of doing all the coloring n' gunk with BORING colored pencils XD. I had went to wal-mart today, to look for ,Microsoft Photoshop, but they didn't have it, so I was wonderng if perhaps I was searching for the wrong thing??? lol. Anyways, could I like, get an exact name of the product I should buy, and hopefully, the best program to use lol. I REALLY want to make my art look better using the art programs that are out there, and that's one way, I can step my art up to the next level. BTW, does the programs out there, also apply the shadows n' stuff where needed, like I see on most pictures, or do you do that by hand? Lol, I feel so lost, I've no clue about these things. I've done all my art you see by hand since 2001 >_< colored pencil+mechanical pencil+a black ink sharpie..lol

ADMIN EDIT: I'm making this topic a sticky because it has such helpful info in it.

Last edited by BogusRed on Oct 16, 2005, 4:59:11 AM UTC. 1 total edits.