PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1269 Members

Post 28265 - DeviantArt, the art site we all love to hate

1. Posted on Sep 10, 2014, 7:30:28 PM UTC
    ID: 28265
    sls-scifiandart

Ah, it's been a while. College plus moving items to a new home doesn't really give time for practicing digital art coloring. As far as DA is concerned. I used to have an art theft report account. I made a copy paste guide so people don't make blind reports that get ignored by staff. Then, I figured I step down and focus on improving on my hobbies, including making some art in form of visual or writing. 

I feel like we should inform people about the crimes that site is committing against artists. That's way more important. But, how to do it...

You also have to consider other sites like TUMBLR also being guilty of these thefts (granted most don't go up to DA's level though but the usual "I'm too lazy to source" shouldn't be pushed aside either) around. I do agree though they should focus on catching thefts instead of the current slow internet dilemma to rob more money from people new going on today. 

As far as submissions, I'm just making DA as my practice ground in this case and save sites like PaperDemon (for art) and someday Shadowness (for manips) for the future. Can't wait to turn 18 though. Not because of red curtain. Though being able to bounce between two different locations to acknowlege both sides in the site isn't a bad thing to consider. *shrugs* I have a quick question on that. If a user can access to here and red curtain, is it two separate galleries or are the works still under one artist profile with some having some 18+ as a preview or something like that?