PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1285 Members

Post 28160 - DeviantArt, the art site we all love to hate

1. Posted on Sep 24, 2013, 3:17:37 PM UTC
    ID: 28160
    BogusRed
    ADMIN

On Sep 23, 2013, grim-away said:

I've got at least 12 clubs I've found so far on DA that fights against Homoerogenous artwork/pictures. These people report everything they see if it falls into their cracks of "not safe for DA". So it's not only the admins that don't adminster anything, it's the whole damn community that irks me.

WTF? Don't people have anything better to do with their time?! That's really saddening.

They said that all they have to do is buy the rights from DA to take YOUR artwork and put it on anything they want and make profit off of YOU.

Do we have confirmation that it says that in the terms of service? That sounds pretty outrageous and I would think that if this were true someone would yell out about this and people would leave.

DA is only a leader in traffic. You guys are the leaders in treating your community with respect. I wouldn't trade it for the world

Aw :D Thanks grim-away!

DA is no longer a community leader. They are a corporate business. They are there to take your money.

True dat. I would think though that it would be possible to make a profitable business without alienating your customers. I guess that's not the path DA wants to take.

I'm curious. What is it that you liked or didn't like about anipan? I remember when that first came out I thought it was pretty neat. They have a few good ideas over there.