PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1269 Members

Post 25716 - What made you do it? Art I mean?

1. Posted on Jan 17, 2011, 8:34:03 PM UTC
    ID: 25716
    ArkillianDragon
    BETA ADMIN

Yeah- copying has alot more merit than people give it credit for. I'm against certain degrees of copying, but I can't deny that drawing from a photograph teaches me ALOT about realistic form. I also like doing it cause the results are always that much nicer. I don't like it when other art forms are copied usually, but to me, it's not so much of an issue if the artist admits that it's a copy and that they're just going off it to learn. 

There... is the creative commons law to be concerned with. It's a difficult law, cause really, as long as we don't make money off it and credit the original properly, I can't see the problem, but I guess it's as bad as reposting someone's art :/

Anyways, back to the subject, I'm glad it has helped you in art :) I hear you- getting better at art has always been an enjoyment factor for me too even though it's only a hobby for me. If I were to do glamour poses only and not improve, I think I'd lose interest and become dis spirited about art. I blame artist depression on not improving fast enough. Art is like martial arts though. It takes practice and dedication to get there, and a clear mind to keep it.