PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1266 Members

Post 24127 - Beauty is only skin deap?

1. Posted on Mar 30, 2009, 2:36:12 AM UTC
    ID: 24127
    blackwinddragon

On Mar 29, 2009 2:29 pm, arkillian said:
    [quote]

People want to be surrounded by positivity. Negativity is a burden. That's why I don't get the emo culture- it's very anti sociable. I'd actually like to know the appeal- is it just the fashion? Or is it more?

[/quote]

Punk, and gothic culture are also appear to be anti-social and sometimes down right antagonistic but they feel themsleves united into a community by seeing the same things the same way. 

I don't really understand the emo subculture, truth be told, they sometimes they annoy the crap out of me.  Nonetheless, from the snippets I get from it it's tied mostly into the music -- that usually how these things go.  A new style of music branches off and a new subculture is developed by the fans.  I think the music is probably the most important aspect to it as well the whole sensitive to one's emotions. 

And not everybody wants posititivity.   I know there was a period in my life where it got pretty dark and negative.  We all can't be rays of sunshine all the time.

But being sad can also be beautiful.  Think of it like rain -- we need it so when it finally breaks we can really appreciate the sunshine.

But back to the beautiful thing ... I never bothered with what I looked like when I was growing up, it was only later on when I started growing up that I started to notice and kind of actually cared.  I never considered myself popular, or very well liked, which resulted in me thinking there was something wrong with me physically, because who can hate a pretty person right?  I grew up and realized that children are naive and cruel, especially in small rural schools.  It was when my social circle grew that I realized its not about how you look but you're personality.  If you have a lovely personality , it shows through and it attracts people and that alone makes you beautiful.

However people get blinded by what the media is trying to sell down our throats.  Take for example, Paris Hilton.   She's supposedly beautiful, and sure I'm sure she makes all the important criteria in some petty lists but really, I think she's an ugly person because of her personality.

And if you have an ugly personality there's no hiding it, and maaaan is it ugly.