PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1265 Members

Post 24099 - Beauty is only skin deap?

1. Posted on Mar 29, 2009, 1:56:31 AM UTC
    ID: 24099
    ArkillianDragon
    BETA ADMIN

Something that has bugged me for AGES in life, since I was a kid is this- beauty.

See, I'll admit that I have some good genes in me, cause as long as I'm smileing, I'll eminate some degree of pretty. In saying this, I was still considered ugly throughout my WHOLE school career. Near the end though, I notice one thing that changed my outlook on the whole beauty thing-

• There were 'fat' kids that had 10 times more friends than me
    • Most of the kids hated the pretty people anyway
    • Even though people wished to heck that they were 'popular', noone could ever tell me what popular was.

This is when I realised somethign REALLY important.

Beauty is ego. Not about size, colour, or age. Those are just first impression things

Beauty is about having character, cause see, this is what I noticed when I observed people

• The popular 'fat' kids (When I say fat, they were over weight, but I think that was just genetic weight) were all into theatre sports, debating, or some other club, they were getting off their asses and trying new things. They also were smiling and happy all the time.
    • The popular kids may have been pretty, but in the process of becoming pretty, they put so much priority on the cosmetic look that they lost sight of WHY they wanted to be pretty in the first place
    • Popularity... I'm WAY more popular now days thatn I ever was as a kid, for a VERY simple reason why- I meet new people, I don't discriminate them, and I proactively try to be friends with everyone. How is this NOT popularity? Isn't this what we did as kids at school even on a minor level? 

What is everyone's take on popularity and beauty, cause to me, it's really in the eye of the beholder. Anyone can be beautiful if we make everyone around us feel wanted. Beauty is confidence in self, and postive thinking.

Others may have other thoughts though. What's your experiances?

Last edited by ArkillianDragon on Mar 29, 2009, 2:01:04 AM UTC. 1 total edits.