PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1272 Members

Post 22631 - Turning Slightly Vegetarian

1. Posted on Oct 6, 2008, 6:51:57 PM UTC
    ID: 22631
    BogusRed
    ADMIN

You should probably talk to your doctor before starting any special diets or taking any of our advice.

But I agree with part of what HurricaneIslandheart said. It's possible that you don't like vegetables because of the way you've had them prepared. I hate cooked spinach but love it raw in salad. Salad is one of those really easy and healthy things that you can make. Just chop up some lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, add some spinach and dressing and you are good to go.

But its not entirely true that raw vegetables are the healthiest. Some neutriants are lost in cooking and also some health benefits are gained from cooking. So its best to diversify (eat some raw and eat some cooked). It depends on how its cooked also. Steaming vegetables is one of the healthiest ways to cook them and you can do this very easily by placing the vegetables in a microwave safe glass dish, place a few tablespoons of water in the dish, and cover it (the cover probably needs to be glass as well) and then cook in the microwave on HIGH from 4-6 minutes (depending on if fresh or frozen veggies and the power of your microwave).

Using the right vegetables also is important. Don't get canned vegetables. The color is usually not good and it has a lot of additives to preserve them longer. Plus the frozen vegetables taste much better. Instead buy fresh or frozen. Both of these work well with the microwave steaming technique. Just add a little salt and pepper and they are good to go.

I also second what Hurricane says about the oils. I can't eat anything that is fried in Rice Bran Oil. For some odd reason my body reacts poorly to it. They use it at my work because its a healthy cooking oil. Ugh it makes me really sick.

Anyway good luck with everything!