PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1285 Members

Post 20963 - Writer's Circle

1. Posted on Feb 14, 2008, 6:45:09 PM UTC
    ID: 20963

Hi everyone! It seems it's my turn to introduce now.

1) How about a brief introduction of yourself?

My real name is Nataly Bild (though I’ve shorten my last name to make it more convenient for everybody to pronounce and read).  I live in Russia and sometimes have unusual ideas about the most ordinary things.

2) Fabulous! And what got you into story/novel-writing to begin with?

Hm... The fact is that I have always imagined and invented some adventures. At one moment (I even don't remember when) I began to write so I really can say I have been writing all my life - I'll be only twenty soon. Though there was a sertain period I didn't write and even tried to stop myself as I believed I had no talent. But now I do belive I have it so I try to develop my talent and catch up the time I have missed. Writing is a part of my nature.

3) I see, so what kind of story/novel do you like to write about? Why?

I like fantasy and science fiction most of all so I want to try these genres. Though I wrote a detective and a kind of horror story.

4) What type of characters do you normally have (for the protagonist)?

It seems they are rather cool and strong. But it depends on the story.

5) What is your most popular/largest story/novel project? Describe.

My largest work hasn't a name yet. But "The Book without Title" is the first part of it. I have one more finished novel - it's the detective entitled "The Secret of the Grave in the Mountains". But those who read them both say that "The Book" is more interesting though it's my first novel.

6) What is the story/novel you've written/writing that you are most proud of? Why?

I can't say that I'm very proud of any of my books - I still should edit some things. The main reason is that my English isn't perfect yet and the stories may be rather awkward (so feel youself free to inform me about mistakes). They are better in Russian.

7) Do you find writing easy? Hard? What are the most difficult aspects of writing you struggle with?

It's really a question of mood. There is time when it's very easy to write and I'm pleased with the way I've expressed ideas. But there's also time when I see only bad points.

8) Write a catchy intro on the spot NOW!

The young elf vanishes during the game when he is watched by large audience. Everybody hasn’t any ideas what has happened to him. But his sister’s friend sees a strange thing – a black book. He understands that the book is a clue to the disappearance and he should get it to rescue his friend. But he doesn’t know the book is a prison for the sole of the ancient evil creature…

9) Are there any story cliche that you are just sick of?

I don’t like banal and run-of-the-mill characters and plots.

10) Are you guilty of those cliches that you hate?

I try to get some new ideas… If I’m a success it’s you who should judge but noe me.

11) What would you call your writing style?

My writing style is the way I think and feel...

12) What type of story do you generally read?

I really like different types – historical adventures, sci-fi and fantasy.

13) What's the one thing you have always wanted to write but are too afraid/shy to?

There are quite a lot of them – I have hundreds of ideas... But I’m really planning to write several love stories which are half-true.

14) Do you have trouble taking criticisms?

It depends of the sense of the critique and the fact if the reader has understood me. But I want to know what people really think. But not the things they invent not to hurt my feelings.

15) When you write, is there anything that helps? (Music, food?)

Music helps me greatly. Some records of nature sounds and my favourite bands and singers – the Mill, Hellawes, Den Nazgul, Arda, Aria, Shaman, Temple, Howard Shore, Ennya and musical “Notre Dame de Paris”.

16) What inspires you?

Everything I can see – landscapes, dreams, people, music…

17) Laslty, how do you sum up your writer's career so far?

For me writing is a hobby… and my life.

Last edited by 2425 on Feb 14, 2008, 6:46:00 PM UTC. 1 total edits.