PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1272 Members

Post 20783 - Writer's Circle

1. Posted on Jan 30, 2008, 7:39:27 AM UTC
    ID: 20783
    Jilly

1) How about a brief introduction of yourself?

Yo, my name is Christa my online peeps know me as Jill or Jilly and I write mainly sci-fi or horror stories :yes:

2) Fabulous! And what got you into story/novel-writing to begin with?

I really don't know actually I've never been much of a reader. I've probably only read about 15 novels my whole life. I just know I've always loved writing stories rather than reading ^.^;;

3) I see, so what kind of story/novel do you like to write about? Why?

I like writing sci-fi and horror stories with really sad endings :yes: because I've always been really in to the whole future post-apocalyptic thing and also the paranormal and unknown. And a few others that just show human nature cause that really intrigues me for some reason, and sad endings simply because it's more realistic than happy endings I believe.

4) What type of characters do you normally have (for the protagonist)?

I've always leaned toward the dark and broody character but I've written about a few who were really bright and cheery.

5) What is your most popular/largest story/novel project? Describe.

My "Whellis" series it's really not a novel but the storyline is so long and involved that it could read as a novel.

6) What is the story/novel you've written/writing that you are most proud of? Why?

I actually have a few: "Whellis" because of its size, "Lament Eden" because of its characters, and "The Masks of Aldon" because I actually finished the whole thing XD

7) Do you find writing easy? Hard? What are the most difficult aspects of writing you struggle with?

Normally I find it incredibly easy to sit down and write. I never understood why some people couldn't write out a story. it's not that tough.  The problem though is finding the drive some days I just won't want to write at all others that's all I'll do. The hardest part for me is punctuation. I can't punctuate to save my life lol

8) Write a catchy intro on the spot NOW

The grass is soft and spongy to the touch as I stare up in to the clear blue sky. Odd the weather is a beautiful 75 degrees today when just yesterday it was snowing. The weather is unpredictable these days; however, I've never seen the world look so healthy. There's no pollution that turns the sky brown. The air is quiet; the hustle and bustle of city life has been permanently silenced. I, on the other hand, am wasting away. I'm short of energy and breath. My skin is pale, my eyes are sunken in, to sum it up I resemble a concentration camp victim. This is because of the radiation. It came unexpectedly yet so violently taking out billions of people. Let me tell my story from the beginning when the world was a more forgiving place than it is now.

9) Are there any story cliche that you are just sick of?

Hmm... I guess it would have to be elf archers. I mean...can't they be something else? And also 'the chosen one' thing...that's old. Just fantasy in general I think it's a dime a dozen.

10) Are you guilty of those cliches that you hate?

No I rarely ever write fantasy so the elf part would be out of the question but I guess I'd be a bit guilty of the chosen one part

11) What would you call your writing style?

uhh...the Christa style?

12) What type of story do you generally read?

Sci-fi and horror the same genre I write. I really dislike reading about fantasy for some reason. Not that it's bad or anything I just think it's a tad over rated *shrug*

13) What's the one thing you have always wanted to write but are too afraid/shy to?

Nothing really the thing is I'm to shy to actually show anyone what I wrote. I always think that they're not going to like it or laugh at me or something.

14) Do you have trouble taking criticisms?

On my art not really but I'm pretty sensitive when it comes to writing. I take it really hard when someone critiques my stories though I do understand that they're helping me out so critique away and give me good advice just don't say "It's bad" and leave without a reason. That makes me paranoid.

15) When you write, is there anything that helps? (Music, food?)

YES!! Music music music!! and movies those two mostly. Actually alot of my stories are based on songs or movies.

16) What inspires you?

Everyday life. The way people act (like I said earlier human nature really intrigues me) and also philosophical things and last but not least music and movies XD

17) Laslty, how do you sum up your writer's career so far?

uh...I wouldn't call it a career I write when I can't draw so it's more of a pass time and a hobby. And lately I haven't written much story/novel wise. I've been busy with art, school, and my comic. But it'd be awesome if a book of mine or my short stories were published!!

Last edited by Jilly on Jan 30, 2008, 7:47:39 AM UTC. 2 total edits.