PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1298 Members

The Olympics

1. Posted on Feb 14, 2006, 10:24:38 PM UTC
    ID: 7539 | #1
    Jilly
    Level 115
    XP
    Well I was just wondering if anyone was watching the Olympics. None of my friends ae watching it so I decided to see you any of you guys were. My personal favorites are speed skating and figure skating. Oh and I just have to add that I think it was so sad that Michelle Kwan had to quit and that was her last chance at a gold medal it's just so unfair.:(:cries: But tell me your thoughts guys I loved to know!
  2. Posted on Feb 15, 2006, 12:22:14 AM UTC
    ID: 7545 | #2
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    Oh yeah I love figure skating. I watched a little bit of the couples skating last night but couldn't watch as much as I wanted to because I have a big project due for school today. I have to leave in a couple hours to go to class and turn it in O.O. Ahhh. But yeah hopefully tonight when I come back from class I can watch.
  3. Posted on Feb 15, 2006, 1:25:16 PM UTC
    ID: 7559 | #3
    Saiyangirl4ever
    Level 45
    XP
    Yey! *does a happy dance*At last! Someone is watching it too!!!!!!!:lol:Yes,as you can see,I`m watching it too!I looove figure skating!:yes:Have you seen how the China`s couple has fallen on performing their performance?O.OI was so scared!It looked horrible!:yes:O.OBut I was amazed by the way,how brave and professional they were!THEY FINISHED THEIR PERFORMANCE EVEN THOUGH THE GIRL WAS IN SHOCK AND I`M SURE HER LEGS HURT!O.OAmazing people indeed! I was so happy when they won the silver medal!Humanity won!:yes:Yey!
  4. Posted on Feb 15, 2006, 10:22:47 PM UTC
    ID: 7588 | #4
    Jilly
    Level 115
    XP
    Yeah I know! I was so amazed at how she got back up and finished her routine even though her knee twisted when she fell. The falls are definately violent on the ice cause it looks like it hurts sooo much. I applaud them! And I was so happy too that they recieved a medal. :grin:
  5. Posted on Feb 17, 2006, 5:12:58 PM UTC
    ID: 7641 | #5
    Humority
    Level 71
    XP
    I haven't been watching much of th olympics but I have been watching some figure skating. And I'd like to point out that every year it becomes more and more a struggle for the top places and less a form of art. And it is an artistic sport. It seems the skaters will do anything to win, and getting a medal at the olympics seems to grant you everything like all kinds of offers, you don't need to prove anything after getting the gold. Take Piezerat for example. He retired after getting olympic gold and became a reporter on Eurosport. And the new judging system doesn't make it any better. It only causes nerves to the skaters because they need to do more stunts in their programs. And when they're nervous it might result in injuries. I think the high expectations from the skaters made the sport lose something. And it's not as fun to watch as before. It shows well in the couples Ice dance. Besides, i think the judging isn't fair. Because of that Johnny Weir didn't win although his skating was great. Yup, he's my favourite.  I feel like hugging him when I see him.:grin: Ah, but with Plushenko around there's not much competition. But you gotta feel for Brian Joubert, I was really sad after they gave him only 7th place.:cries: I just loved his Lord of the Dance number.:worship: Hehe, I think I shoul go th rant on Eurosport.com :lol:
    But the opening to the Olympics was spectacular don't you think?

6. Posted on Feb 17, 2006, 6:47:45 PM UTC
    ID: 7644 | #6
    Lilimayhem
    Level 81 BETA
    XP
    Sports aren't my thing...so i dont really watch the olympics...the only sport i did watch is Hockey. I love to watch hockey...and team Canada is sooo good! Yay!
  7. Posted on Feb 17, 2006, 8:31:13 PM UTC
    ID: 7645 | #7
    Humority
    Level 71
    XP
    LOL I saw a bit of hockey a few days ago, and it ended in a brawl at the end. I don't think I'll ever like this sport, but it was so funny the way they were bumping each other on the helmet with their gloves.:rofl: Sorry Lili but I couldn't help it, forgive me for being evil.:lol:
  8. Posted on Feb 17, 2006, 8:40:36 PM UTC
    ID: 7646 | #8
    Saiyangirl4ever
    Level 45
    XP
    On Feb 17, 2006 9:12 am, Atlantis said:
    [quote]I haven't been watching much of th olympics but I have been watching some figure skating. And I'd like to point out that every year it becomes more and more a struggle for the top places and less a form of art. And it is an artistic sport. It seems the skaters will do anything to win, and getting a medal at the olympics seems to grant you everything like all kinds of offers, you don't need to prove anything after getting the gold. Take Piezerat for example. He retired after getting olympic gold and became a reporter on Eurosport. And the new judging system doesn't make it any better. It only causes nerves to the skaters because they need to do more stunts in their programs. And when they're nervous it might result in injuries. I think the high expectations from the skaters made the sport lose something. And it's not as fun to watch as before. It shows well in the couples Ice dance. Besides, i think the judging isn't fair. Because of that Johnny Weir didn't win although his skating was great. Yup, he's my favourite.  I feel like hugging him when I see him.:grin: Ah, but with Plushenko around there's not much competition. But you gotta feel for Brian Joubert, I was really sad after they gave him only 7th place.:cries: I just loved his Lord of the Dance number.:worship: Hehe, I think I shoul go th rant on Eurosport.com :lol:
    But the opening to the Olympics was spectacular don't you think?

[/quote]

I am so with you hun!:yes::yes::yes:HELL YEAH JOUBERT AND WEIR HAD TO BE MUCH HIGHER!!!!!!!:mad::mad:I was soooo pissed when the judges gave them such low points!:mad:And Jouberts music and his performance were incredible...Of courese with some mistakes,but still!:lol::lol:But we have to admit,Plushenko doesn`t have a real competition.:yes:At least not for now...:yes:His performance was stunning!:yes:No mistakes,high technique and awesome show.:yes:And I was amazed how young Weir is!Or am I mistaking him with someone else?:ponders:well that wouldn`t be something new!:lol:Oh,and have you seen the Japan`s skater?He`s still very young,I think he will become a star!He has quite a potenial!:yes:

And yes,The Openning was AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I was really amazed about all the choreography(hehe...:lol: ) and the costumes and all show,it was....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!O.O:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by Saiyangirl4ever on Feb 17, 2006, 8:41:46 PM UTC. 1 total edits.

9. Posted on Feb 17, 2006, 10:27:47 PM UTC
    ID: 7659 | #9
    Jilly
    Level 115
    XP

Lili, I agree with you I'm not much of a sports watcher my self in fact I hate watching sports but since the olympics comes only every four years I feel I have to watch it and when I do I get totally hooked on it. I've been watching every night now and I can't stop!! :lol:

Atlantis, Yeah the judging system is very unfair now but you do have to give some credit to Plushenko even with all those new requirments he nailed them all I thought that was completely amazing O.O! And yes I felt so bad for Johnny Weir when he didn't make the top three but he's young and has plenty of chances at getting a medal. And I loved Joubert's performance it was a shame he finished so low. :(  But the opening ceremony was really awesome! I epecially loved the formation of the skier they made that was mind blowing! :D

I have to add that the snowboarding cross was such a thrill to watch I hope they'll show more of it tonight. Actually all the snowboarding events are so fun to watch I can't get enough of them! I hope that Seth Wescot is truly proud of having the first ever gold medal in that event.

Last edited by Jilly on Feb 17, 2006, 10:37:11 PM UTC. 1 total edits.

10. Posted on Feb 18, 2006, 9:21:25 PM UTC
    ID: 7675 | #10
    Lilimayhem
    Level 81 BETA
    XP

:lol: It's ok Atlantis, you don't have to like hockey. Ever since my man started to explain all the rules for the game i actually started to understand and eventually i even started to see the real game, the way the players play and all. Its amazing... One sport i do find funny is Curling...lol....One sport i hate: Baseball...its soooooo boring

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.