PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1264 Members

X-men : First Class

1. Posted on Jun 6, 2011, 12:00:41 AM UTC
    ID: 25984 | #1
    WildeKarde
    Level 21
    XP

OK honestly, I have a big issue with all the crappy X-men movies. Don't get me wrong I love Hugh Jackman as Logan. But Logan is like 5'4" . if they can make hobbits they could have made him 5'4".  And all the other stuff completely off the Comic book.. Hell the movies don't even follow thier own continueity. That said The movie is worth paying full price. Sure the cg isn't all that great but good enough. I say twice as good as Weapon X. I still don't understand why the effects on first two movies are so much better. I mean isn't it supposed to get better. Anyway I digress. The story is actually pretty good. Sure its got nothing to do with the comic. Hell Havok is Scot's little brother isn't he?  If you follwed the x-mem from back in the day like me, it be expected you get irritated at the fact that the writers never picked up a comic book or the director. I know artistic licence, but when you get all the other marvel movies pretty damn close to the comic, why can't you for the x-men.

All that aside, its damn entertaining. The movie flows well.  If they took away all the X-men stuff meaning the names of people it stand on its own.

2. Posted on Aug 8, 2016, 4:50:33 PM UTC
    ID: 28677 | #2
    Firiel
    Level 65
    XP

So... Do we also make this the thread for other stuff in the same part of the X-Men movieverse continuity? Days of Future Past, Apocalypse? Or is this just for First Class?

3. Posted on Sep 9, 2016, 7:14:54 AM UTC
    ID: 28682 | #4
    Firiel
    Level 65
    XP

It was originally for First Class, but since the thread's been dead for ages and was made a long time ago I was wondering if we could use it as a placeholder for discussion of First Class+Things In The First Class Continuity Influenced By First Class, aka the three most recent X-Men movies using James MacAvoy and Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence - especially since the thread-starter had complained about the writers not paying attention to the Havok and Cyclops relation and they did sort of address that in the latest film, although they switched their ages.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.