PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1298 Members

Having problems with adding my story

1. Posted on Mar 10, 2012, 10:48:24 PM UTC
    ID: 27851 | #1
    mikaru92
    Level 1
    XP

Has anyone else delt with this? Im new to the site and I wanted to post a story but every time I tried to add the file it refuses to accept it. Sooo I went into Word and copied and paste my story into the text box and when I hit submit, a page came up and it said something like "your story has been saved" but when I went to edit my story it still showed that I had no body. The title was there, the descriptions, and even the tags but not the body. And eveytime I tried to edit something it would not change. Finally I just decided to delete it but when i clicked the button it said something like "You are not authorized to edit this chapter" or something like that. So im really confused can anyone help me? Thanks!!! 

2. Posted on Mar 11, 2012, 3:58:15 AM UTC
    ID: 27852 | #2
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP

You get the message "Your story has been saved successfully. Please note your story is not yet live until you publish it.", right? This is there so you can post your whole story before anyone can see it. If you're at this stage, then publishing it is easy enough.

On the top right of your  screen, click your user name, then 'Manage Submissions, then writing. When he page loads up, your story will be highlighted. It'll have the option of 'Making changes to the story' or 'Publish'ing it. Click 'Publish' and it'll go live so everyone can see it :)

3. Posted on Mar 12, 2012, 1:56:04 AM UTC
    ID: 27853 | #3
    mikaru92
    Level 1
    XP

yes but my problem is that it tells me that my story is saved but when I click to publish it I get a note saying i have no body...plus I can't delete any of my stories

4. Posted on Mar 12, 2012, 10:28:52 AM UTC
    ID: 27854 | #4
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP

I might get BogusRed BogusRed to look at this then cause I'm not sure where to start to get you to look. I'll note her with a link to this thread and I'll see if she can help you out :) Sorry about the issues

5. Posted on Mar 12, 2012, 2:22:15 PM UTC
    ID: 27855 | #5
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

Hello Mikaru,

Can you email me the file you tried to upload? My email is [email protected]

I looked at the two stories pending in your account and both of them have blank chapters, which means something went wrong during the submission process. What browser and operating system are you using? I will attempt to try to reproduce the same problem so i can correct it.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.