PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1285 Members

Spam bot detected.

1. Posted on Nov 27, 2011, 12:14:28 AM UTC
    ID: 27676 | #1
    grieverjoe
    Level 1
    XP

I got a comment on one of my pictures, and when I tried to reply, after hitting the Submit button, it gives me a little warning that says "spam bot detected" and my reply won't go through.

Last time I checked, I wasn't a spam bot...

2. Posted on Nov 27, 2011, 7:26:39 AM UTC
    ID: 27677 | #2
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP

Hmmm.... That's strange. I can't see any reason you'd be tagged as a spam bot unless you've done copy paste comments. I'll send BogusRed BogusRed a message. Give it another try and see if it's still doing that. You haven't been IP banned cause you're logging on and posting forum posts, so at worlds worst it'd only lock you out for a while. Sorry you had that happen to you :(

3. Posted on Nov 27, 2011, 7:38:20 AM UTC
    ID: 27680 | #4
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

I'm sorry. Arkillian accidentally banned your IP just now. I have unbanned it.

THe reason you got that message is because you either:

1) filled out the box that says "Leave blank" (unlikely because you wont see this box unless you are using a screen reader)

2) took less than 10 seconds to type your reply. So please wait 10 seconds before typing your reply and then it will go through.

Last edited by BogusRed on Nov 27, 2011, 7:38:41 AM UTC. 1 total edits.

4. Posted on Nov 27, 2011, 3:48:20 PM UTC
    ID: 27682 | #6
    grieverjoe
    Level 1
    XP

On Nov 26, 2011 11:38 pm, BogusRed said:
    [quote]

I'm sorry. Arkillian accidentally banned your IP just now. I have unbanned it.

THe reason you got that message is because you either:

1) filled out the box that says "Leave blank" (unlikely because you wont see this box unless you are using a screen reader)

2) took less than 10 seconds to type your reply. So please wait 10 seconds before typing your reply and then it will go through.

[/quote]

I actually just wanted to type "Thank you very much", so I see why it took as 'too fast'

It seems to be working now. Thanks.

5. Posted on Nov 30, 2011, 1:42:10 PM UTC
    ID: 27684 | #7
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

Yeah I bet this is going to be a common occurance. I'll see about adjusting it so that it's only 3 seconds for replies. We haven't seen spam bots do any replies yet so we may not need as strict bot checking on the replies (which tend to be shorter and submitted quicker).

6. Posted on Dec 6, 2011, 3:50:57 PM UTC
    ID: 27699 | #10
    Sakke
    Level 3 BETA
    XP

I wonder what's the point? Private messages won't be visible to search engines or anyone else. And youre not going to click any links when you get 60 of them.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.