Open group | 1259 Members

Are you on Tumblr or pinterest?

1. Posted on Apr 7, 2014, 3:31:36 AM UTC
    ID: 28244 | #11
    Inuyoujo
    Level 13
    XP

On Apr 7, 2014, BogusRed said:

Maybe we should consider making the posting process easier on here? I have noticed on other sites it's a lot easier to share. PD does have too many steps, though we do it to make content easier to organize and browse through.

Are you talking about posting on this site, or sharing to other sites? What steps do you have in mind? :chat:

2. Posted on Apr 14, 2014, 1:44:39 AM UTC
    ID: 28252 | #12
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP

The problem with simplifying the posting process is removing options that people can select to personalise the experience and make themselves found easier. 

Some things could make it easier though, like having a box to quick search a fandom, and if the fandom isn't there, it can make a new gallery. That can come up with types though. Also making mediums an option people can chose (default to not stated). Also remembering common gallery options could speed the process up. Deviantart does this and I'm very thankful for it considering the hundreds of galleries they have now. Having it all inline may also make it less intimidating. IDK. I don't have an issue with the submissions but if I was nitty picky, I could suggest that...

3. Posted on Mar 9, 2015, 5:07:31 PM UTC
    ID: 28318 | #14
    themice
    Level 1
    XP

On Jan 28, 2014, sls-scifiandart said:

"I REALLY hate that I can spend 10 hours on a picture and get 20 likes / reblogs, while a doodle of the same fandom will get 250 or more."

This and the logic that the original artist has significantly less notes compared to some dope blogger that took the image and reposted it at times. In my opinion, it's more of share common interest material rather than "show your amazing talents" blog. RP blogs do better in gaining followers and most fandom art in terms of anime are merely credited pixiv images. I mean, is it hard to put a thumbnail and let users see the full image at the site itself so the artist gets more viewers?

I despise certain parts of DA over Tumblr though. Mainly underage twats and others using/uploading pics that aren't their own and such.

I absolutely agree. As bad as Tumblr is, it is better than DA these days. Fandoms will alway trump original art on social media because most people go there just to squee about their fandoms. But there are places on tumblr for art, just not as loud.

Pinterest might be more popular than tumblr, but tumblr is a better place for webcomics and so far I get more traffic on tumblr.

My pinterest is  https://www.pinterest.com/deadrats/ (I'm slowly getting into it) and lately I've found Instagram an interesting place for artists: https://instagram.com/deadratsinmyfreezer/  (it get more traffic than pinterest for me right now). 

4. Posted on Feb 3, 2016, 6:54:07 PM UTC
    ID: 28488 | #16
    SchwarzerAlptraum
    Level 76
    XP

I'm also on Tumblr under SchwarzerAlptraum (beware; I have a bunch of horror NSFW stuff there as well). I guess that is what I like about Tumblr over DA. You get some freedom in the content of your postings, but I'm not really fond of the layout. It's got too much ads, and there are some people I like to watch because they have good art, but then they proceed to bombard their Tumblr blogs with other irrelevant stuff I'm not interested in, and I don't have that much time to trawl through everyone's posts on my dashboard. I guess it's a bit hard to cater ads on Tumblr that is actually relevant because Tumblr doesn't exactly have a theme or a target audience in mind. It's a lot easier to do stuff like sponsor or host ads for artists on an art gallery and it won't seem irrelevant, annoying or dangerous.

Because of its format though, I tend to treat Tumblr like a free for all blog where you put all your scraps. I don't usually post scraps on my other art galleries. I reserve Tumblr for that.

It might not actually be such a bad idea to have a Paperdemon account on Tumblr. You can post updates and other dev related things, or just stuff in general. I know other art platforms that do it. It's also a good way to get connected because people know about Tumblr. Of course, that also does take some effort as you still have to follow the right people on Tumblr and get some people to follow you as well.

Last edited by SchwarzerAlptraum on Feb 3, 2016, 6:57:15 PM UTC. 1 total edits.

5. Posted on Feb 4, 2016, 3:10:29 AM UTC
    ID: 28495 | #17
    BloodlustSerenade
    Level 8
    XP

I love Pinterest...but I use it to browse other work...not to put my own up.

Tumblr can die a fiery death though :P  I don't touch that place.

I'm happy to hang out here and see updates on FB (reminding me to come back here if I'm having a distracted week/month :P)

6. Posted on Mar 29, 2016, 1:01:32 AM UTC
    ID: 28562 | #19
    Firiel
    Level 65
    XP

I have a Tumblr. My more active blog is mainly fandom, social, and aesthetic uses rather than actually being my own material for the most part, but I do have an art-only sideblog if anyone is interested. (And yeah, the site's a mixed bag whether or not you're there for art, and there is a lot of drama. But it still feels like an escape to have a place where I can customize my content, and where it doesn't feel like I'm spending all of my time avoiding fights with more... conservative real-life acquaintances.)

Chasingmypen.

Last edited by Firiel on Mar 29, 2016, 2:16:12 AM UTC. 1 total edits.

7. Posted on Apr 16, 2016, 3:21:52 AM UTC
    ID: 28569 | #20
    Paper-Munster
    Level 4
    XP

I have Tumblr page, DeviantArt page, and a page on a site called Wysp, (it`s quite pleasant!) but i don't have a Pinterest page. 

DeviantArt: http://sageserendipitii.deviantart.com/

Tumblr: http://escallygal15.tumblr.com/

Wysp: http://www.wysp.ws/sketchahoy15/

Oh, yeah, I have an account on an app called PEN.UP but it`s an app you have to download. I don't think its available anywhere else. 

I have an account on SoundCloud but i guess that doesn't matter.That`s all for now! 

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.