PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1300 Members

To ritch text formating

1. Posted on Aug 23, 2010, 9:47:04 PM UTC
    ID: 25367 | #1
    ladyHisoka
    Level 10
    XP

Out of all teh accepted text formats one has alwase been a personal favorite of mine for its versitility and the fact that it is one of the smallest davavle text files with alot of character and alot of style. Ritch Text Format or .rtf is a text format that allows farious text styles like....

Comic Sans MS

Aril

Times New Roiman

Verdana

And a whole string of other text formats that range form the simplest computer text liek Courier New to a completly out there ancient text (Sometimes used in the comic world for magic rimes) called Symbol.

Not only is it exceptionaly versitile but I noticed that its also a widely used format, OpenOffice.org, a Free to download writeing program comparible to Microsoft Office that happens to be more user frendly will save and read .rtf files. for you who have Microsoft Office it also saves in .doc and .docx formats as well as abel to upload in said formats.

This versitile text is also a simple way to write novels on thumbdrives I remember the challenge recently preposed to me. It was to see how many fanfictions one could Glam up and stick on a small 8gb thumbdrive. the challenge was they had to be COMPLETE Fanfictions and could not be oneshots. In the end I had won with a wide collection of some of the best looking Shouen-ai fanfictions form really old series like Cardcaptor Sakura, Ronin Samuri Troopers and even a Pokemon or two. I had saved every single fic in a .rtf format.

I remember asking Boagus about the .rtf file thou I can't really rmember whaere that conversation was left off; I wonder to this day why people claim to shy form using .rtf when it's a very simple file type and they continualy prove themselfs a lier by displaying .rtf in their HTML's. So I was wondering what you people thought of it and would it be used if it was an option for uploading text documents?

Last edited by ladyHisoka on Aug 23, 2010, 9:49:56 PM UTC. 2 total edits.

2. Posted on Aug 26, 2010, 6:44:08 PM UTC
    ID: 25371 | #2
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

Hi Lady Hisoka,

I like the RTF format too. It's not as messy as Word documents. Word adds a bunch of extra crap that is hard to clean out. The only reason we don't support RTF is because at the time I built the site, there were not any scripts readily available that convert rtf to html. The one I got that converts Word to html was free and readily available.

I did find this one recently that might work for us but I'll need to test it out. It costs $52 so i want to make sure it works well before purchasing.

http://www.pa-software.com/scripts/

Can you email me some rtf files you have so that i can test them out? You can send to [email protected]

Also one thing to note is even though RTF supports changing fonts, it doesn't mean once we convert it that the font will be usable on our site. There is a limited number of Web Safe Fonts:
    http://www.ampsoft.net/webdesign-l/WindowsMacFonts.html

Last edited by BogusRed on Aug 26, 2010, 6:46:03 PM UTC. 1 total edits.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.