PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1300 Members

What makes you join an art site and become and stay active on it?

1. Posted on Dec 12, 2011, 12:44:47 AM UTC
    ID: 27721 | #21
    reptangle
    Level 4
    XP

I want to make friends. I like a friendly, active forum and  I like to feel the reasuring  presence of an active moderator to keep scary bad things out.

Three  things that have caused me to leave other forums :

1. NO replys to ( probably stupid, but still...) questions I have asked .

2. Getting on a forum where everybody is usng terms or acronyms ( inside jargon) I don't know. (back to #1)

3. Nasty mean stuff!

2. Posted on Dec 12, 2011, 2:05:16 AM UTC
    ID: 27723 | #22
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP

Heh- activity in a forum is a funny thing. Most demand activity to exist and be strong before they'll bother but forums filled with people like them die very fast cause there's no community. You need people in for the long run to be around to keep it strong. 

If you've got somethign to say, start a thread. I'll see if atleast I can find time to reply at very least :) Hopefully people don't do injokes too much about here. If you find any jerks though, tell me and I'll sort them out as soon as I can, or find someone that can sort them out :D I'm on a forum with trolls right now and they REALLY drag the site down sometimes. Specially if you're new and don't get that they're just picking on people for lols and not for real. They don't realise how much of a jerk they are. Specially since it's a forum for a FREE fangame, and they run down the game constantly (even though it's fantastic). The site owners are use to much worse than them, but I know as a member I don't like it :/ I have no power there thoguh so I just have to tolerate it.

3. Posted on Dec 29, 2011, 6:31:26 PM UTC
    ID: 27753 | #23
    Driven
    Level 5
    XP

I want to share my work with others and look at everyone elses' work.  I want to make friends and talk to people. Where I live there isn't much around for me to go do. Not like a city. So the internet is my second social life, and a big one at that. LOL

I do have a tendency to lurk a lot when activity levels are low, but that doesn't mean I won't stay. Or sometimes I am just plain shy. Though, college has eaten up a lot of my time now. @_@

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.