PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1278 Members

What is your biggest frustration with improving as an artist?

1. Posted on Jan 20, 2023, 2:30:56 AM UTC
    ID: 42804 | #11
    RatboyDemiurge
    Level 11
    XP

A source of frustration I have is that I sometimes wonder if I've improved artistically, something which I sometimes wonder when comparing my newer artwork to my older artwork. Another is the lack of attention I receive, something which is very silly, especially since I am a hobbyist, but it is always a bit frustrating to see your art get ignored, especially if you worked hard on it or did something you are proud of with it.

2. Posted on Jul 27, 2023, 7:16:37 PM UTC
    ID: 44252 | #14
    Antfarm
    Level 12
    XP

Honestly, it's hubris. I'll look at something and go "Oh, that looks really easy! I bet I could do that!" then fast foreard three hours, I'm still trying to kep it right. 

3. Posted on Feb 4, 2024, 5:01:15 PM UTC
    ID: 46527 | #15
    huniedove
    Level 7
    XP

Impatience. I have a lot of ideas and a decent amount of skill to pull them off- but I get frustrated excessively easily when the picture in my head isn't appearing on the canvas as quickly as I want it to. A lot of this impatience comes from not having the sheer technical practice to just poof my ideas out without satisfactory planning first. Part of working through this has been to just- accept that art takes time and I dont have to finish something the same day I start it. Its a struggle, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

4. Posted on Feb 10, 2024, 10:22:23 AM UTC
    ID: 46545 | #16
    Camphorous
    Level 1
    XP

The conversion of time to money and the needing of money to stay alive. 

If I'm in another job, I don't have hours left in the day to practice art.
    If I'm doing art for a living, there is only so much time I can dedicate to each commission based on the budget, so it becomes more important to be efficient than to experiment with a new technique or try something more difficult that could lead to improvement. 

Being an adult is a real downer.

5. Posted on Feb 29, 2024, 7:14:14 PM UTC
    ID: 46702 | #17
    Serena-Siren
    Level 22
    XP

my art life sometimes it just when i look at my old art on this site (i improve rather rapidly) and all i can think is (i don't like this) how can i fix it what can i do and its so weird i juat want to keep redoing all my art work witch is a proboblm since i keep rapidly improving but then i feel the need to redo old stuff a example is my character Max its super old art when i was really new and just found the site and then i made nameless and im getting ready to make 2 or 1 more character or revamp them both

6. Posted on Mar 2, 2024, 3:08:45 AM UTC
    ID: 46706 | #18
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

I get frustrated with perspective. There's so many times I wanted to draw objects in perspective and I end up just copying a reference or doing it front facing to make it easier. Or I attempt the perspective and it turns out kind of wonky. I did get a new tool recently lazy nezumi which helps

7. Posted on Apr 16, 2024, 11:45:49 AM UTC
    ID: 47547 | #20
    SeyvilixArtz
    Level 10
    XP

I got several issues as an artist such as Artist blindness, which is when other admire your artwork but I'm not satisfied with it and try to fix everything cuz it looks ugly and get me stressed so much. The other is my long art blocks I get, usually about 5 months to 1 year and 2 months all caused by a large amount of ideas of motivation that overwhelms me. I get very stressed as an artist.

Quick Reply

Please login to post to the forums...

Login