PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1278 Members

Where are you trying to improve?

1. Posted on Sep 13, 2017, 2:49:02 PM UTC
    ID: 28892 | #1
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

What aspect of your art are you trying to get better at?

I'm working on my figure drawing right now. My knowledge of anatomy is sub par. Also I need more work on realistic faces.

How about you?

2. Posted on Sep 18, 2017, 4:41:04 AM UTC
    ID: 28893 | #2
    MaskedLin
    Level 66
    XP

I don't have any one thing that I'm centered on improving, but I do have a lot of smaller ones. A few of those that I'm working on most right now are developing my cell-shading style and comic technique, water/liquids, and rocks.

3. Posted on Sep 27, 2017, 8:20:43 PM UTC
    ID: 28900 | #4
    MaskedLin
    Level 66
    XP

For the cell shading, I'm mostly just practicing at it, which is working pretty well for me so far. It's a completely different way of going about finishing a piece of art, so most of my issues thus far are about how to implement it and handling background shading, especially for objects with a lot of gradual contours, but I'm getting my way around them pretty well as I go, so I don't think I need resources and such for that.

With water and rocks, I have taken some measures to observe them more through my time outside and through photo references, which helps. I also look at how other artists handle them, which can help a lot with actual application. I probably would be improving with water faster if I practiced it more, though I have a lot of art ideas to do and as of the moment, not very many of them include water. The observation has helped me with drawing sea water, since whenever I go to the beach I take a lot of visual notes. Going to streams and rivers would be a great idea for other forms of water, but I would have to wait until I actually have a chance to go to some of those.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.