Open group | 1272 Members

....art shops?

1. Posted on Jul 17, 2008, 5:09:42 PM UTC
    ID: 22090 | #21
    raerae
    Level 1
    XP

I have a Zazzle shop here: http://www.zazzle.com/overlordrae

It's a good place for comic artists and such to have work available. A bit more expensive than Cafepress, but the quality is better.

Oh, and another place much like lulu.com is createspace.com. It's owned by Amazon and your book appears on Amazon.com when you list it.

2. Posted on Jul 18, 2008, 12:20:30 AM UTC
    ID: 22092 | #23
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

I'll sticky this topic. Lots of good info here.

FYI, you can own a Cafepress shop for free but the free shops limit you to one design per object per shop. So you can only have one mug, one mouse pad, one hoodie, etc. If you get a paid shop you can have unlimited items and customize your store front. The paid shops are like ~$60 a year.

Don't count on getting sales from people just randomly finding your stuff on cafepress. you need to advertise outside of that. Even if you have a big site to advertise on, you still may not get many sales depending on your product prices. CP has a rather high base price which is what sucks about it. But the nice thing is that you don't have to invest in inventory or handle any of the sales transactions.

3. Posted on Jul 18, 2008, 6:21:37 AM UTC
    ID: 22094 | #25
    Jeica
    Level 18 LOCKED
    XP

Haha, I'm starting to feel speshul here. I've now made TWO stickies! XD Haha.

But yeah.. Advertising. Mhmm. But I'm afraid that not many people are interested in buying any of it anyway, haha. Apparently, I suck too much or something. XD; I made a poll about it over on dA and, well.. yeah. D:

4. Posted on Jul 18, 2008, 8:16:03 PM UTC
    ID: 22099 | #26
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

On Jul 17, 2008 5:37 pm, arkillian said:
    [quote]

Can you get abigger account and get stuff cheeper, Susie? Or is $60 flat and that's it?

[/quote]

As far as I know, you can't upgrade further than that. The only way to get lower base prices is if you start selling a lot of murchandise or if you buy a bunch in bulk.

$60 is what you pay if you pre-pay the whole year. It may be something like $10 per month if you go monthy.

5. Posted on Jul 19, 2008, 10:05:46 AM UTC
    ID: 22103 | #28
    Jeica
    Level 18 LOCKED
    XP

WildeKarde: Haha, yeah, understandable. :P

I'm having second thoughts here though. u_u I think I might have to improve my art first and get a somewhat wider audience, otherwise none would buy anything from me. Sad, but unfortunately true.

6. Posted on Jul 19, 2008, 12:50:42 PM UTC
    ID: 22105 | #29
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP

You don't need to improve your art. Selling is all about content. At the end of the day, what your art looks like in style means nothing to the buyer- It's the audience that matters. Like... if you have a computer geek market, you want vectorised art with lots of neons, and geeky jokes. The cute market likes chibis doing cute things, pastels and round objects. Doesn't matter HOW you draw, it, it's WHAT it is. You can be a beginner artist and still make it. It's all about the eye for design :)

7. Posted on Jul 19, 2008, 4:14:17 PM UTC
    ID: 22106 | #30
    WildeKarde
    Level 21
    XP

I agree with Arkillian, its the Content. You should do to the site and look at the T-shirts a good number of them are just simple text messages. Also as far as the art side goes you could do simple stick figures and if its funny or cute someone out there will like it.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.