Open group | 1255 Members

Dragon Age: Origins

1. Posted on Dec 15, 2009, 1:27:09 AM UTC
    ID: 24934 | #1
    Sliverbane
    Level 40
    XP

Alistair is mah sweeteh...

I'm playing as a human female-warrior.  I achieved the Templar/Champion status. *poses* Behold my glory! :modguard:

Beware Spoilers -

I'm trying to get (afford) the downloadable content. I am slowly winding my way toward the end of this game. I still have a month until Bioshock 2 is released.

Favorite party is - Sten, Leliana, Alstair. 
    Second favorite party Sten, Wynne and Kuma (The Dog)

I managed to get everyones approval up to Warm or Friendly. Alistair calls me 'my dear' now. Tee-hee *rabid fan girl moment* 
    Zevran was 'Interested', but I had to break it to him easy. Leliana grew to Adore, but I had to break her heart. [Cause Mama likes the sausage!] Did anyone notice Leliana has a lisp. It's kinda cute. Especially when she call's Sten a 'Softy' for picking flowers.

Speaking of Sten I don't appreciated it when games just omit possible 'love interest'. You can't court Sten evidently. Maybe he only goes for Qunari women? But at least he could say that somewhere in our journeys. To simply not allow the possibility is lame. Also Oghren is out of the market as well. I have a feeling Wynne is also out of the market for Male players. Ah, well... If the game-makers can include transgender prostitutes at the Pearl in Denerim - I should be able to chase me down some cookie loving, flower picking Qunari man-candy!

My smutty yaoi loving self wouldn't mind setting up some Sten x Alistair goodness. With Zevran taking pictures and passing out the body oil. :lol:

Anyhow! :redface:

I also suspected Loghain is the sultry voice of Kain from Legacy of Kain/ Blood Omen. I was right! (It was when he got angry I just 'knew' ) Wooo... I KNOW that voice anywhere. 

I wondered why Morrigan's voice was familiar. She is none other than Claudia Black!! Wooo! (Farscape/Stargate SG-1)

And Alistair's voice was a pleasant surprise too: Steve Valentine (I believe he was in Boston Legal)

ENDING SPOILER!

I finally fought my way to the end of this game.  The ending was... all right.  AN animated cut scene with narration would have been better than the slide show with text boxes. I also wanted to know more about my companions lives after the chaos.  *sigh*  Will the majesty of the Baldur's Gate 2 ending ever be out done...?  

I want to play through again as a male elf to see what is different.   There are a lot of unlockables to crack.

2. Posted on Dec 15, 2009, 6:36:03 AM UTC
    ID: 24938 | #2
    LtCol-America
    Level 1
    XP

I played through my first game as a dalish elf warrior. It's not too much different except for certain humans looking down on you. I'm replaying as a human noble rogue, who happens to be a huge asshole.:bug: I took morrigan up on her offer in the end, so I got a little more about the characters lives after the Blight. Excellent game. I may play through as a female dwarf next. Gotta get that gamerscore up!

3. Posted on Dec 16, 2009, 2:36:01 AM UTC
    ID: 24940 | #3
    Sliverbane
    Level 40
    XP

Beware Spoilers -

Ah, so you took Morrigan's offer.  I was completely disgusted by the idea!!  Hey, that's my man - BACK OFF!  No demon-babies for you!

I suppose the real differences will be in each play through will be in the interaction.  You'll have to post again to tell me about what it's like to the 'asshole' character. Some of the cracks and insults are damn funny...  But I'm such a goody-goody when I play RPGs. :redface:

My friends playing as a Dwarf Noble so I'm waiting to see how that will turn out.  And I started a Elf-Male from the Alienage recently.

As a female character you get an odd conversation with Sten about My Hero not being a woman because I am a warrior.  Ah, good ol' Sten!   

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.