PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1255 Members

Are you on Tumblr or pinterest?

1. Posted on Apr 16, 2016, 1:25:14 PM UTC
    ID: 28571 | #21
    hushicho
    Level 33
    XP

Coming off as kind of a little rude here, Inuyoujo. There are plenty of people here and plenty of people active here, and overall the community is overwhelmingly more positive than any other comparable site I've ever been on.

And Arkillian is completely right, it is depressing to see the discrepancies in tumblr appreciation for drek versus legitimately great things -- not saying that getting lots of notes is always a sign of drek, but it happens more than not -- and fandom wankery, especially when fandoms inevitably turn toxic.

The thing is, people post art for a variety of reasons, but we don't tend to create art just for our own private pleasure, or else we wouldn't even be online and certainly wouldn't be sharing it. It's rewarding, whether in terms of spreading joy, connecting with someone with your feelings and emotions expressed through your art, or making a living and helping in self-promotion; these and more are reasons why we post art. And they're more than reason enough for tumblr to be disappointing and the lack of support for artists there to be daunting.

That said, I'm more active on tumblr simply because I usually find it easy to use, but that's just because I've been on there so long. I have had some problems on pinterest with account hacking I think? It's a confusing site for me and I really tend not to like it. I am intrigued by this Wysp that someone mentioned though, but it's yet another social site and I'm stretched thin. Still, I'll bookmark it for future reference!

I basically tweet and tumble these days, but I tend to post whatever I post on my art tumblr here and at the couple of other sites I post on, though of course DA's much more limited in what I toss up there.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.