PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1255 Members

Script Frenzy

1. Posted on Feb 29, 2012, 8:18:58 PM UTC
    ID: 27841 | #2
    calypsoidal1
    Level 20 BETA
    XP

Have not!  In some ways, writing a script seems easier than writing a novel -- it's almost all dialogue, which I'm better at than descriptive prose...

2. Posted on Mar 1, 2012, 6:22:40 PM UTC
    ID: 27843 | #3
    Sakke
    Level 3 BETA
    XP

I was thinking writing a script for a graphic novel. I do comic scripts anyway. Though since I mean to draw them myself I don't tend to give so much visual descriptions, just short clues to remind myself what I was thinking.

3. Posted on Mar 25, 2012, 4:18:37 AM UTC
    ID: 27873 | #5
    calypsoidal1
    Level 20 BETA
    XP

Good luck, Sakke!

Have you looked at how other authors "present" their writing of comics?  I saw one from Brian Bendis in "Secret War," and he seemed to do a lot of visual layout for his artists.  The last edition of "The Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller includes his whole synopsis at the end -- some of which never made it to the page.

I'd be curious to know what you'll consider a "finished" work for this challenge!

4. Posted on Mar 25, 2012, 10:25:26 AM UTC
    ID: 27875 | #6
    Sakke
    Level 3 BETA
    XP

On Mar 24, 2012 9:18 pm, calypsoidal1 said:
    [quote]

Good luck, Sakke!

Have you looked at how other authors "present" their writing of comics?  I saw one from Brian Bendis in "Secret War," and he seemed to do a lot of visual layout for his artists.  The last edition of "The Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller includes his whole synopsis at the end -- some of which never made it to the page.

I'd be curious to know what you'll consider a "finished" work for this challenge!

[/quote]

I cannot really say what will be my criteria for finished as yet. It's a challenge so I'm seriously expecting to go beyond my limits. I'm looking forward to making this a major learning experience for myself. I am feeling that the way I'm working now has definitely some limitations. Since I'm writing for myself to draw, I'm leaving a lot of visual ideas to be developed when I'm actually sketching the page. Sometimes it works but often it produces pages where the story is carried mainly by the dialogue. 

I am preparing for the challenge by digging out and rereading some stuff I've collected over the years on writing, including my old textbooks from Drama 101 way back when I was in the University. I'm also thinking of doing some kind of log of my experience. 

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.